The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Just a bit more on the Government money being spent on the Geesook dung hole. I think there was a budget allowance of a further $4m to be used for an upgrade/new digital scoreboard there.

Reactions: 1 user
Unbelievable umps made special effort to go to Sardine Park to talk to Salty Scott and explain their umpiring decisions
The Pussies won free kick count 19 - 17 Port and they still whinge
exactly. get *smile* AFL. Anyone but Geelong

McBurney only started 2 weeks ago. Laura said on the Front Bar that she had to fix the umpiring dept. I actually see this as a positive.

Apparently McBurney was interviewed on 3aw on Saturday and acknowledged some of the issues we highlight with the umpires and decisions and said the target is to get a revised approach in 2025 not mid-season. I didn't hear the interview but one of the group I attend with did and this is part of what he told the four of us that watch the games together.

So changing and engaging is the right approach. Actually highlights how poor the leadership and governance of the umpiring and rules has become.

Here’s the question asked by Mick Molloy on the Front Bar to Laura Kane
The question was treated as a joke

Here’s the question asked by Mick Molloy on the Front Bar to Laura Kane
The question was treated as a joke
Not that bit. In between a couple of the bits where she "took a sip" to avoid answering the question she actually acknowledged that the umpiring needed an overhaul and revised approach. And Steve McBurney started as head of umpires on April 30

Not that bit. In between a couple of the bits where she "took a sip" to avoid answering the question she actually acknowledged that the umpiring needed an overhaul and revised approach. And Steve McBurney started as head of umpires on April 30
Didn’t see that but hope that umpires lift their game

Reported on 7news umpire boss and coach went to Geelong and spent 1hr with Salty
It’s disgraceful he should’ve been fined for criticism of umpiring instead they’re kissing his *smile*
Unbelievable. Hide like a rhinoceros, more front than Myers, comp is as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Anyone else gets a 5 figure fine, he gets a delegation from head office! Un bloody believable.

Reactions: 3 users
Unbelievable. Hide like a rhinoceros, more front than Myers, comp is as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Anyone else gets a 5 figure fine, he gets a delegation from head office! Un bloody believable.

More & more I'm disliking this bunch of entitled rectums.

They have a direct line to AFL HQ, we have a direct line to "all our operators are busy, please try again later"

• Haha
What are Port supporters saying on their forums? Cats are bleating about that advantage free but no mention of the trip on Horne-Francis.

Unbelievable umps made special effort to go to Sardine Park to talk to Salty Scott and explain their umpiring decisions
The Pussies won free kick count 19 - 17 Port and they still whinge
The AFL's EGM of Football, Laura Kane, spoke with the Cats over the weekend and said the League's new head of officiating Stephen McBurney and head umpiring coach Michael Jennings drove to Geelong on Monday to meet with Scott in person and discuss his concerns.

"The really important part for me is we are connected with our clubs, we are connected to our coaches and we're all on the same page in terms of rules, in terms of the way our umpires are coached to interpret them and we're on the same page in terms of outcomes," Kane told Footy Feed Extra.

"(They) will head down to Geelong today to meet with Chris and make sure we're on the same page moving forward and reconnect interpretations of various things. Some from the game, some just generally.

"They are the opportunities that we take from this commentary and these types of situations. We take the opportunity to educate our clubs and in turn be educated."

Scarcely believable. They drive there after he complains. After they won the free kick count. After the umpires brought them back into the game. After the Cats completely ignore player welfare in chasing a victory.

So much hubris, they care so little for the AFL fan they do not even bother hiding their clear bias for the Cats.

What a *smile* show the AFL has become.

Reactions: 4 users
The AFL's EGM of Football, Laura Kane, spoke with the Cats over the weekend and said the League's new head of officiating Stephen McBurney and head umpiring coach Michael Jennings drove to Geelong on Monday to meet with Scott in person and discuss his concerns.

"The really important part for me is we are connected with our clubs, we are connected to our coaches and we're all on the same page in terms of rules, in terms of the way our umpires are coached to interpret them and we're on the same page in terms of outcomes," Kane told Footy Feed Extra.

"(They) will head down to Geelong today to meet with Chris and make sure we're on the same page moving forward and reconnect interpretations of various things. Some from the game, some just generally.

"They are the opportunities that we take from this commentary and these types of situations. We take the opportunity to educate our clubs and in turn be educated."

Scarcely believable. They drive there after he complains. After they won the free kick count. After the umpires brought them back into the game. After the Cats completely ignore player welfare in chasing a victory.

So much hubris, they care so little for the AFL fan they do not even bother hiding their clear bias for the Cats.

What a *smile* show the AFL has become.
It’s essentially a massive shakedown operation.

If McBurney is genuinely trying to drive accountability and improve comms with HQ that is a good thing. We know who the previous leader of the umpires was and maybe the afl have responded to many clubs being pissed off.

Let’s see what happens with the next club that complains.

This has a stench all over it though.

Reactions: 1 users
If McBurney is genuinely trying to drive accountability and improve comms with HQ that is a good thing. We know who the previous leader of the umpires was and maybe the afl have responded to many clubs being pissed off.

Let’s see what happens with the next club that complains.

This has a stench all over it though.
If he spent an hour with Salty going through rules and interpretations
Whenever it’s out turn he’ll be at Punt Rd for a week going over all the games we’ve been reamed by the umps

If he spent an hour with Salty going through rules and interpretations
Do you really think they done that?
I reackon one was wearing a bib so they didn’t get their shirt stained while the other said “who’s your daddy?”