Richmond Membership Tally 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Membership Tally 2024

Currently 90,394.

Sadly our injuries and win/loss situation will adversely affect our Membership numbers.
This will be the first time in 7 years we will not surpass 100,000.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Currently 90,394.

Sadly our injuries and win/loss situation will adversely affect our Membership numbers.
This will be the first time in 7 years we will not surpass 100,000.
I reckon it’s the fixturing which is not very 9-5 working life / family friendly.

It’s downright malicious.

Reactions: 1 users
still time. even if we get to the high 90,000's it will be significant. there is always an extra 1000 or 2000 not counted when releasing the number.

It’s the least family friendly fixture I can remember us having. This Sunday (when the season is already shot) was really the first proper chance to bring younger kids / early teens along in 2024.

8th game!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
It’s the least family friendly fixture I can remember us having. This Sunday (when the season is already shot) was really the first proper chance to bring younger kids / early teens along in 2024.

8th game!!!!
It's been the worst draw to start a year I can remember. Coupled with our performance it's little wonder we've lost 10k members. Financial disaster for the club.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
We are 2.5K behind last year at the same time but that could be due to our first home game being at RD 2. Overall tracking well towards 100K
Fantastic news Hirsute you magnificent ape you. I knew we could count on you. Literally.
I'm going to have to take this back Hirsute you matted back hair beast. We 'aint gonna make your prediction. Unfortunately, the most punishing fixture to start the season that I can ever remember is gonna smash our membership numbers and associated revenue.

I expect the draw that the AFL has handed us is going to cost us a minimum of $2m-$3m in lost revenue.

If it werent the standard modus operandi by the AFL, it would otherwise be inconceivable that we could be given our first home game in round 3, play 3 interstate games in the first 5 rounds, play 5 games in the Sunday afternoon "death slot" in the first 7 rounds, and play Carlton, Sydney, Port and Melbourne in the first 6 rounds. 5 day breaks in amongst it all as well.

Really, this was always going to happen the moment the draw was announced. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it and I was hoping the club might say something. Maybe they did behind closed doors, who knows. Whatever, its been a disaster for us. Well done yet again AFL you pack of ****.

Reactions: 7 users
We will end up with 95000 members,I bet u club budget would of been pretty close to that ,so on budget.
Yeah but doesn't really matter what you budget for. Its the lost revenue that counts.

Ergo, if you budgeted for $7 and you made $10 the previous year, and otherwise expected that you'd make $9-$10 again this year without interference, then that wouldnt be a good result, really, would it ?

The airlines budgeted for bazillions of lost revenue during Covid and probably came in on target most of them I reckon. But I doubt any of them were happy about it.

Last edited:
Yeah but doesn't really matter what you budget for. Its the lost revenue that counts.

Ergo, if you budgeted for $7 and you made $10 the previous year, and otherwise expected that you'd make $9-$10 again this year without interference, then that wouldnt be a good result, really, would it ?

The airlines budgeted for bazillions of lost revenue during Covid and probably came in on target most of them I reckon. But I doubt any of them were happy about it.
No not right ,u spend dollars based on current budget ,so at the end of the day the current budget is based on projected current circumstances in which Gale would of seen,we are not top 4.
Ps I've personally owned and run business which like Benny,not over estimating is your best friend.

No not right ,u spend dollars based on current budget ,so at the end of the day the current budget is based on projected current circumstances in which Gale would of seen,we are not top 4.
Ps I've personally owned and run business which like Benny,not over estimating is your best friend.
Sorry, but as someone that’s also run businesses, prepared any amount of budgets, BP’s, CFF’s, CTS’s, DD’s etc and also bought and sold and merged dozens of them as a broker, that’s a really poor way to run a business - if you want it to be successful. You want to maximise revenue, not just adjust expenses for reduced revenue all the time and think that everything’s sweet. Reduced resources, people losing their jobs, cutting back on this and that. Great !

Further, he may well have adjusted for not being top 4, but the AFL’s draw is another overlay on top of that adjustment ie which is impacting revenue more than Gale would have otherwise been expected to have to plan for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user