Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

He was not fit. He could not attack the ball in a contest. Was 70% fit at most.
Yeah, at every stoppage when he walked was dragging the leg noticeably.

For a player that has his athleticism as his one wood, was always going to be hard for him to impact. And I think, and hope this was the reason why Yze didn't swing him down back when we were clearly one tall short and he was the move to be made.

I don't know why we are not playing Samson and/or Kosi. A one-tall forward line is simply not working, and Mikelti up against English was a joke. We are a structural disaster.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't know why we are not playing Samson and/or Kosi. A one-tall forward line is simply not working, and Mikelti up against English was a joke. We are a structural disaster.
I think it's now time for Ryan. He needs to play most games now. Naismith may not be up to it, so it's best to give Ryan the opportunity. Myketi can be used as a fast moving forward. if we can bring the ball to ground, we have a chance to score.

Reactions: 3 users
He was always going to take 3 weeks to back into the groove
I knew Prestia and Him were not going to influence the result when they were included on thurzdey night.
Prestia was in neutral all night. He didn't try to get into a sprint.

Reactions: 2 users

Mentioned this in the game thread, probably not even 70% fit. He couldn't jump properly, had no acceleration, low levels of agility. Everything that normally makes him great at what he does he was lacking, which was due to the leg. In part him being injured was part of why we looked so lacklustre, between an injured Balta not able to chase, Dusty not chasing, Dow / Sonsie not being quick enough to chase, it all had a spiral effect that made us completely listless with being able to close space.

This is why I think Yze made those comments about players putting in the effort, the effort to me generally seemed to be there, but you can carry 1 or maybe 2 of these issues, but once you get upto 4-5 that leads to an uncontrollable situation regarding ball movement which is what we were hit with.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm not sure who'd ticking off them to return.
Graham lasted 2 qtrs
Prestia won't accelerate
And Balta looked hampered.
Don't play then till they are 100% to go.

I'm not sure who'd ticking off them to return.
Graham lasted 2 qtrs
Prestia won't accelerate
And Balta looked hampered.
Don't play then till they are 100% to go.
Who's getting our injured players ready for return. What conditioning do they do? Seems a complete mess.

Reactions: 1 users
Right decision to bring him back. He needs the match fitness and no point playing him in the ressies. Unlikely to reinjure an MCL.

Reactions: 9 users
Right decision to bring him back. He needs the match fitness and no point playing him in the ressies. Unlikely to reinjure an MCL.
Desperate clubs do that and it bites them back already seen it happen to us this year a number of times. It's not like we're playing a grand final or anything. I call it poor management.

Reactions: 1 users
Desperate clubs do that and it bites them back already seen it happen to us this year a number of times. It's not like we're playing a grand final or anything. I call it poor management.

He's just lacking match fitness, which for an athletic player like him is critical. Let's see if he's any better next week.

He's just lacking match fitness, which for an athletic player like him is critical. Let's see if he's any better next week.

Sorry Ant I disagree. Match fitness is largely based around endurance. This was speed, agility and spring. Its all directly linked to the knee.

Reactions: 1 user