Benny Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Benny Gale

Tigers2011 said:
With the club going so poorly and crowds now dropping away, it's not appropriate that the CEO be away during the season. Should be here to lead from the front.

Then it's plain to see you don't understand the role of the CEO.

I think the timing is actually pretty good. In his role Gale has to do and oversee much strategic management. This will allow Gale to take some time away and take stock of where the club is at and what he needs to do. Then he can come back with more perspective and make the right calls for our club.

MB78 said:
I think the timing is actually pretty good. In his role Gale has to do and oversee much strategic management. This will allow Gale to take some time away and take stock of where the club is at and
what he needs to do. Then he can come back with more perspective and make the right calls for our club.
yeah... like sing the coach up for another two years.

I don't see why were surprised about gale going missing, he often went missing whilst playing CHF during the late 1990's he was so soft he actually makes chaplin look like Leigh Matthews. Up till now a great admistrator but he has lost focus and is looking for his next job

tempany14 said:
I don't see why were surprised about gale going missing, he often went missing whilst playing CHF during the late 1990's he was so soft he actually makes chaplin look like Leigh Matthews. Up till now a great admistrator but he has lost focus and is looking for his next job

What has he really done? March did everything.
The supporters dug dip and payed off the debt,

tempany14 said:

Went missing in the early-mid 90s. Even 1995 was a bad year and he used to get jeered when he took a mark. Clicked later in the decade and became a great LMID.

To the so called supporters on here bagging Benny ! You are a disgrace! Ill informed and happy to try and cause trouble! It's no wonder so many people have left this site. It's no secret we are struggling onfield but we have one of the most astute administrators in the game. This club is finally very strong financially! He believes his journey as CEO has just started and no stone will be left unturned until we win a flag! Geelong were in the exact same position as us , everyone wanted Bomber Thompson sacked. They left it 1 more year then everything turned and the flags started coming. Some of you should feel ashamed , if you hate everything about the Tigers then follow someone else! The tide will turn !

Baloo said:
What crisis ? When did RFC attract so many drama queens ?

When hasn't the club attracted so many drama queens? I'm expecting that a sustained run of success will see a significant drop in support.

realtiger said:
To the so called supporters on here bagging Benny ! You are a disgrace! Ill informed and happy to try and cause trouble! It's no wonder so many people have left this site. It's no secret we are struggling onfield but we have one of the most astute administrators in the game. This club is finally very strong financially! He believes his journey as CEO has just started and no stone will be left unturned until we win a flag! Geelong were in the exact same position as us , everyone wanted Bomber Thompson sacked. They left it 1 more year then everything turned and the flags started coming. Some of you should feel ashamed , if you hate everything about the Tigers then follow someone else! The tide will turn !

We paid the debt off, get that right
And secondly where not Geelong
And thirdly we have been waiting for the tide to turn for 30 years, there's no tide

Benny is the best thing that has happened to Richmond in the last 5 years.

God help us if he packs it in

b2

realtiger said:

I am not disgrace but a member and supporter who is more than entitled to his opinion I like everyone else on this sight bleed yellow and black but that does not preclude me from criticising them if there is a need. Whether you accept it or not the club is in crisis we have a non performing coach who has been re appointed for 2 years we have a president who is as eloquent as Humphrey b bear and we have a CEO who is working on his tan on the beaches of Copacabana. Meanwhile a clud with over 65000 members attracts 22000 to a the only AFL game in Melbourne. Geelong acted as soon as they detected they were underperforming int he same situation Brian Cook or Stewart Fox or even peter Jackson would not have gone to Brazil

tempany14 said:
I am not disgrace but a member and supporter who is more than entitled to his opinion I like everyone else on this sight bleed yellow and black but that does not preclude me from criticising them if there is a need. Whether you accept it or not the club is in crisis we have a non performing coach who has been re appointed for 2 years we have a president who is as eloquent as Humphrey b bear and we have a CEO who is working on his tan on the beaches of Copacabana. Meanwhile a clud with over 65000 members attracts 22000 to a the only AFL game in Melbourne. Geelong acted as soon as they detected they were underperforming int he same situation Brian Cook or Stewart Fox or even peter Jackson would not have gone to Brazil

Agree, the only disgrace is a CEO off on a junket while the side's being poorly coached by someone given a contract extention when he shouldn't have been. An overseas junket's becoming an annual event for Benny, that when he's not applying for other jobs. He should be back here running the club and if someone HAD to go to Brazil send the sponsorship manager.

tempany14 said:

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but don't dress them up as facts.

The club isn't in crisis. The likes of Parrot are trying hard to portray that but thankfully it's only the ferals and drama queens who are falling for that. Or rather, hoping we're in crisis so they can carry on like knobs.

tempany14 said:

This stuff should be framed an absolute masterpiece, worthy of a Disney movie, do you do stand up anywhere?

Mappa said:
This stuff should be framed an absolute masterpiece, worthy of a Disney movie, do you do stand up anywhere?
Yeah I have a regular gig at the selection table and the coaching box at Richmond i'm the straight man to Dimma and the other clowns making decisions on a weekly basis