Zero Wins Zero Brownlow Votes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Zero Wins Zero Brownlow Votes

Crazy Costanza

Tiger Rookie
Apr 1, 2006
I predicted we would not win a match this year after the NAB Cup loss to Hawthorn - which unfortunately and despondantly seems to become reality after each passing round.

Today got me thinking, will the playing list be so woeful this year that we will not even score a vote at the Brownlow medal this year?

Looking at the losses so far you would have to say when teams traditionally lose by 40pts or more, all the 3,2,1 votes go to the winning team.

Rnd 1 - loss to Carlton by 56pts
Rnd 2 - loss to Western Bulldogs by 72pts
Rnd 3 - loss to Sydney by 55pts
Rnd 4 - loss to Melb by 55pts
Rnd 5 - loss to Freo by 39pts
Rnd 6 - loss to Geelong by 108pts

I'd like to think that even if we dont win a match this year, we will have some players stand up be counted when the voting takes place. Don't like our chances to this point.

Considering that we haven't had a player win the Brownlow since 1971 I don't think it would matter if we won every game Richmond players do not get Brownlow votes.

Other than that who cares about the Brownlow we don't watch our team to win individual awards as far as I am concerned the umpires and the AFL can take their Brownlow and shove it up their arse.

brigadiertiger said:
Considering that we haven't had a player win the Brownlow since 1971 I don't think it would matter if we won every game Richmond players do not get Brownlow votes.
gee I thought Richo got a few in 2008

wonder what the lowest team total for votes for the year is? we'd have to be a chance to win that on current form

i would be embarrassed for any one from our club to even turn up at the brownlow as no one is gettting any votes this year , remember i think richo was our equal leading vote getter last year and he only played 6 games

houdini said:
i would be embarrassed for any one from our club to even turn up at the brownlow as no one is gettting any votes this year , remember i think richo was our equal leading vote getter last year and he only played 6 games

He was the highest, with six, if memory serves me correctly. Skittled me out of thousands of multis I had with Lids topping us.

scottyturnerscurse said:
He was the highest, with six, if memory serves me correctly. Skittled me out of thousands of multis I had with Lids topping us.
every one who pulled on a yellow and black jumper last year should hang their head in shame that a man who only played 6 games was the leading brownlow vote getter for the club

houdini said:
every one who pulled on a yellow and black jumper last year should hang their head in shame that a man who only played 6 games was the leading brownlow vote getter for the club

When you finish 15th, and the way we did, care factor would have been ZERO

Have to admit that I would love to see our players acknowledge what a poor year it has been by not attending.

[quoteHave to admit that I would love to see our players acknowledge what a poor year it has been by not attending.][/quote]

Actually that would be fantastic. There is your 2011 membership slogan right there.

As Terry Wallet once said "I'll spew up" if I saw the Richmond boys after a 0-22 season playing pranks on eachother on Brownlow night in front of the TV cameras.

Jack Riewoldt or Kelvin Moore might snag a vote for the Melbourne game. And I'm sure someone else will nab a vote or two against opponents more on our level (the Adelaides, West Coasts, Hawthorns, Essendons of the world).

Anyway, as others have said, who really cares?

I think it's worth caring from a betting perspective. If the trend continues and we don't win a game, someone might jag a couple of 1s or even a 2 and win our count. This is Centrebet's market (before I made a couple of sneaky bets). Martin, Cotchin and Nahas (who may get a vote against Freo) all looked a bit of value.

Richmond Most Votes - Most Brownlow Votes - Richmond
TUCK, S (RICH) 3.75
DELEDIO, B (RICH) 5.00
RIEWOLDT, J (RICH) 6.00
FOLEY, N (RICH) 7.00
NEWMAN, C (RICH) 7.00
TAMBLING, R (RICH) 7.00
JACKSON, D (RICH) 17.00
COTCHIN, T (RICH) 21.00
COUSINS, B (RICH) 21.00
MARTIN, D (RICH) 34.00
MORTON, M (RICH) 67.00