Worst Finals Loss This Decade | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Worst Finals Loss This Decade

Which one hurt the most

• 2013 Carlton 18.8 (116) Richmond 14.12 (96)

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • 2014 Port Adelaide 20.12 (132) Richmond 11.9 (75)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • 2015 North Melbourne 15 15 (105) Richmond 14 4 (88)

Votes: 25 36.2%

• Total voters
Carlton loss easy, they were a crap team (look where they are now), we had them beaten and let them back in. As much as it hurt at least North are a half decent side.

Yesterday was our best loss. That was a Final. We could have won it. Far from disgraced, just highlighted RFIs.

Yesterday easily.

'13 we got stagefright bad but had an excuse, young side overachieved with no finals experience. You might question the excuse, but its still an excuse

'14 we did brilliantly to make the 8, but we were cooked and got steamrolled by a form side on their home turf.

'15, no excuse. Zero. North are mediocre. Sure they came at us and played alright, but thats finals. If you've developed some steel and want it, suck it up and win.

terrible loss. Abysmal. Still with the rabbit in the headlights, tempo tempo control the game. McClure got it right, everytime we tried to hold it up we got into trouble. We should have hit them with everything and blown them away. Get injuries? who cares, no tomorrow.

I got a bad feeling when everyone started tipping us, remined me of Coll v Bris 2002. Everyone tipped Collingwood purely because of some flawed belief they were due, it was their turn. I remember Sheedy saying 'I have no idea why everyone is tipping Coll, Bris will win easy'. On league teams they all tipped us, but nobody seemed to really know why other than a loss would be to hard to take given the history. Well, we lost, and its pretty hard to take.

It's very hard to take and I certainly hope Dimma is coming around to the idea of relinquishing his obsession with denialist football.

Still pretty gutted. Had a rotten night's sleep. Every time I turned over I was reminded of the unpleasant reality that the ride is over.

Was pretty hungover too :(

Carter said:
It's very hard to take and I certainly hope Dimma is coming around to the idea of relinquishing his obsession with denialist football.

if we trade bean I will develop an even worse mental condition

tigersnake said:
if we trade bean I will develop an even worse mental condition

you and me both mate, I seriously couldn't handle that :hihi

The last one easily..
We all had high hopes that just maybe maybe we can make that last day in September.
We stood up and beat them all and have a good patient game plan.

I really thought we got past the Nth Boogie team stuff but no it got to them..

What really makes it hurt now is we failed the 1st test of that final win.

We where at full strength and no injury worry end of that game.

Bringing Conca and Griff in i thought, he has toughened up as a coach and knows what he is doing and trusted him. Even leaving Morris out..

It was a total failure bringing those 2 in for me in the end.

Next year they are dreaming top 4 as now all top teams will be better prepared and we will not have a better run with injuries.

It will take me the whole summer to get over it.

B2

Yesterday by far was the worst for me......
Third finals loss with a more mature team, poor selections (Griff and Conca), poor game plan and no intensity from most of our players. All made worse by losing to a piece of sh!t nothing club!!
Bloody devastated!

Last year. Drove to Adelaide only to be shocked to the core for 15 minutes and numb for the next hundred.

One of six games in six years we've lost when older than the opposition. I honestly felt we were at least a toss of the coin chance, but we may as well have forfeited for all the resistance we put up.

At least in the other two we played some good football when it counted.

SpaceAce said:
Yesterday by far was the worst for me......
Third finals loss with a more mature team, poor selections (Griff and Conca), poor game plan and no intensity from most of our players. All made worse by losing to a piece of sh!t nothing club!!
Bloody devastated!

Couldn't of said it any better..

I reckon the Carlton final because it was our first for so long, we had been playing well and Carlton had gotten there by default. I felt gutted after losing that, especially at half time seeing our supporters giving it to the other mob only for it to be turned on it's head in the 2nd half.

We were riding a massive wave after a terrible season last year and but for Cameron Wood stopping the ball in the last game of the year against the Bombers when it was going through for a point which would have won the game for the Blues and meant we would have played North instead of Port. We were always going to be up against it in that game after spending so much energy getting into the finals.

Yesterday, I was hopeful rather than confident, especially with North resting so many players and the fact that it was probably about 8 deg warmer than any of the last 4 weeks games.
You can argue that the players should be fit enough and all that, but I reckon if you're running around for up to 10-15 kms in 24 deg, sun beaming down, compared to 16 and cool it has to take it out of the players. North should have won by more and the rest obviously gave them an advantage.

Yesterday.

Because it was a more mature team, steeled by previous finals capitulations and determined to make amends.

And then they go out and produce a replica of 2013. And its the knowing post game that we simply have too many players who cant handle the pressure and unless they are replaced history will keep repeating itself.