Wildcard round | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wildcard round

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
What are the thoughts of PRE on this?
If the AFL does this, I cannot see the point of having a home and away season.
I cannot understand why the AFL cannot keep our game unique instead of adopting some inane idea from overseas.
A club finishes in the eight they have earnt the right to play finals.

Reactions: 6 users
What are the thoughts of PRE on this?
If the AFL does this, I cannot see the point of having a home and away season.
I cannot understand why the AFL cannot keep our game unique instead of adopting some inane idea from overseas.
A club finishes in the eight they have earnt the right to play finals.
It is all about money.

Reactions: 4 users
Stupid idea . . . which means the AFL are almost guaranteed to implement it.

They need to stop adding stupid things to the game, and start removing some of the stupid things they have already done - such as the stand rule, the 6-6-6 rule and a few others.

DS

Reactions: 9 users
No surprise with some of the guys in charge.
Change for change sake.
No offence to Dillon but he looks like a simpleton to me.
Brain and mouth not in sync.
Like that ridiculous statement last month that Umpiring has never been better.
These guys are destroying the game.

Reactions: 6 users
Stupid idea . . . which means the AFL are almost guaranteed to implement it.

They need to stop adding stupid things to the game, and start removing some of the stupid things they have already done - such as the stand rule, the 6-6-6 rule and a few others.

DS
A stupid idea that no one other than the people at the top seem to want, so it is an absolute shoe in to be implemented. Many will react with this is how it should have always been and it’s the best thing ever and let’s keep it for all time.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, don't see the need, as others have said we have 24 rounds to determine who plays in finals. Stupid to add another chance. Teams finishing 9&10 aren't going to win the flag.

Reactions: 2 users
A stupid idea that no one other than the people at the top seem to want, so it is an absolute shoe in to be implemented. Many will react with this is how it should have always been and it’s the best thing ever and let’s keep it for all time.
Stupid is an employment requirement at AFL House.

That and being hand picked by the previous moron who held the job. I think that’s called nepotism 🤔

The movers and shakers at the AFL have not had an original idea that has improved the game in more than 30 years.

If America farts they want to fit into the season somehow that smell 🤷‍♂️

They have disrupted, transformed and effectively ruined a game that quite honestly did not need any of their adhock and ill conceived changes they have run with recently.

This is just more marketing bullshite that tells me that house in East Melbourne needs to be fumigated and quickly!!!

Reactions: 3 users
So we follow our team all year finish between 7-10 on the ladder and are forced to go interstate to watch them play in the wild card round
AFL can GAGF

Reactions: 2 users
Like the 10th best team is going to go on a 5 game winning streak and win a flag

Money Money Money that's all it is.

I hope none turns up and the game is played in front a crowd similar to the millennium game back in 1999.

I heard North Melbourne requested further draft assistance for upcoming draft - wildcard wooden spoon round.

After failing to take the opportunity on their home deck, can you imagine Freo getting another opportunity this weekend?

The round 24 games were fantastic to see who played finals.

The wildcard idea is crap.

Reactions: 10 users
wildcard round is seppo bull5shit.

However, i would support a final 10 finals system based on 2 x the old McIntyre final 5 system.

Expanding to 20 teams is inevitable. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised in the AFL is doing work behind the scenes to determine the location of team 20. So, moving to a 10 team finals system makes more sense than a wildcard round.

I haven’t heard one person say they’d like a wildcard round. Not one.

Expect the AFL to introduce it next year.

• Sad
I think in a recent fan survey, 75% were against it.

Only the ones who will make money out of it like the idea.

It's a profoundly stupid idea.

Which is why we can expect to see it brought in.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Ridiculous concept.

Reminds me of the old lightning premiership in u10s. We were undefeated all year. Made the lightning premiership GF and lost to a team that won half the games we did.

Even if we get to 20 teams, 8 is plenty in the finals.

Half the teams make finals? That's ridiculous.

Wildcard round is even dumber.

DS