Who can improve in 2016? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who can improve in 2016?

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
Going backwards - Chaplin, Conca, Cotchin, B Ellis, Griffiths, Hampson, Maric, Morris,

Can't get much better - Batchelor, Dea, Deledio, Edwards, Gordon, Grigg, Houli, Hunt, McDonough, Rance, Riewoldt,

Hopefully improvers - Astbury, C Ellis, Grimes*, Lambert*, Lennon, LLoyd* , Martin*, McBean, McIntosh, Menadue, Miles*, Vickery, Vlaustin* *may be in the above group

Have no idea - Butler, Drummond, Elton, McKenzie,

I'm not saying it's a bad thing that some cant improve, it's just that we can't depend on those players to have better seasons. Maybe a change of role for Trent may see some upside for him. And yes, I'm either a pessimist or a realist. We need another ruckman, and another big bodied midfielder. Oh, and a six man forward line :)

Sorry, but I disagree with the way you've graded the players....
There's a big difference in why Deledio "cannot" get better and why blokes like Gordon "cannot" get better and that's age and ability. Let's not confuse that.

If you're going to grade our list you're better off grading it in Elites', A Graders', etc. and then open a discussion on which of the B's & A's have the potential to move up a catergory. If they don't have the ability to move up, you need to consider their worth and/or look then at moving them on.

IMO, I would have it as below;

Elites - Deledio, Martin, Riewoldt, Rance
A Graders - Cotchin, Edwards, Miles
B Graders - B.Ellis, Maric, Grigg, Houli, Vickery, Vlaustin,
C Graders - Batchelor, Chaplin, Griffiths, Hunt, Grimes, Lennon, Lloyd, McBean, McIntosh, Astbury, C.Ellis, Lambert
D's & Worse - Hampson, Morris, Gordon, McDonough, Menadue, Butler, Elton, Drummond, McKenzie.

I can only see one bloke who's B grade with the potential to move up, and probably only 4 C Graders. The rest are either stagnant, or in decline.

joegarra said:
Going backwards - Chaplin, Conca, Cotchin, B Ellis, Griffiths, Hampson, Maric, Morris,

Can't get much better - Batchelor, Dea, Deledio, Edwards, Gordon, Grigg, Houli, Hunt, McDonough, Rance, Riewoldt,

Hopefully improvers - Astbury, C Ellis, Grimes*, Lambert*, Lennon, LLoyd* , Martin*, McBean, McIntosh, Menadue, Miles*, Vickery, Vlaustin* *may be in the above group

Have no idea - Butler, Drummond, Elton, McKenzie,

Cotchin & Conca going backwards? I hope & expect you'll be proven wrong.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing that some cant improve, it's just that we can't depend on those players to have better seasons. Maybe a change of role for Trent may see some upside for him. And yes, I'm either a pessimist or a realist. We need another ruckman, and another big bodied midfielder. Oh, and a six man forward line :)