Who are the automatic selections in our side? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who are the automatic selections in our side?

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
With the young players improving as well as the likes of White Collins Connors Graham Edwards etc is not that easy to pick a side.
Newman Deledio Cotchin Riewoldt Martin Graham Jackson Moore Foley i have as automatic but there maybe others?

B: Newman McGuane ______
HB: Tuck Deledio Moore
C: Edwards Jackson _______
HF: Nason _______ Foley
F: _______ Riewoldt _______
R: Graham Cotchin Martin
I/C: Vickery Cousins _______ _______

Rest of the side is made up from those who are in form as well as the kids who need game time.

There are none.

There should never be 'automatic' selections. All players should be selected on form no matter who they are. Most of the players mentioned in this thread would tend to be picked most weeks based on their form anyway, but it should never be automatic. If players lose their form and there are players capable of replacing them, then so be it.

Ruthless Tiger said:

Rest of the side is made up from those who are in form as well as the kids who need game time.

Your team there shows how much work we have to do in our forward line. Certainly showed in the second half against Brisbane that we were playing virtually a lone forward against them.

A nice progression, seeing Edwards, McGuane, Jack, Graham and Jacko moving into this list. (Dunno if Ty, Nason belong yet.) This time next year, we'd like to add Post, Morton, Asbury and one or two more. The kids are coming along nicely

Ruthless Tiger said:

lukeanddad said:
A nice progression, seeing Edwards, McGuane, Jack, Graham and Jacko moving into this list. (Dunno if Ty, Nason belong yet.) This time next year, we'd like to add Post, Morton, Asbury and one or two more. The kids are coming along nicely
Given Simmonds retirement and the fact that Ty has played the majority of the year, as has Nason(played every game), I'd say both are fairly automatic at the moment.

Automatic selections for the rest of 2010.

B Newman Mcguane Moore
HB Deledio Connors
C Tambling Cotchin King
HF
F Edwards Riewoldt Collins
R Graham Jackson Martin
Res Cousins Tuck Vickery White.
plus Foley when fit.

Serious Contenders.
Defence Astbury, Gourdis and Thursfield.
Midfield Webberly.
Forwards Griffiths, Nason, Polo, Rance and Taylor.

Newman said:
Sadly it seems you're correct Wayne...the automatic selection of these 2 all year has been baffling...
Both must be doing what the Dimma wants them to do,Unlike Morton and Polo.