What would you like to see in the Nab Cup. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What would you like to see in the Nab Cup.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd like to see Griffiths played in the Ruck, we know what we get from Ivan so he can be eased into the season. Hampson has had off season surgery on both ankles and with his history of injuries we cant rely on him to play too many games.
I think the Ruck is our biggest weakness, and with McBean and MacKenzie waiting in the wings as forwards, Griffiths with his leap and mobility could possibly be competitive against the Ruckmen that Ivan struggles against.

Seeing as it's preseason stuff and we want to get an idea of where some are at -

McKenzie in the square and McBean roaming the fwd line.

Give Lloyd a licence to create. Give Rioli a run. Play Elton, Broad and Astbury. Let's see Moore and Townsend. Throw in Soldo for a bit.

more than anything i want to see last yrs batch and see how they have improved with a full pre season and see what they can offer us. Specifically i'm interested in C.ellis, Mckenzie and also Butler. I want to see butler just buzz around the HF and push up and uses his pace to burn. see what he has after a long injury lay-off.

I'd like to see Short played out of the pocket for all the nab cup games. He crumbed a goal off McBean in the nab cup against the Dogs last season, it was shear instinct. If he can give us more of that, then I think we may have found the small forward we have been looking for.

Based on reports of today’s intra-club match I’d like to see this squad taken to WA to take on Freo:

Vlaus Elton Broad
Conca Astbury Castagna
McIntosh Miles B. Ellis
C.Ellis Griffo Lennon
Short Vickery Lloyd
Soldo Lambert Townsend
Batchelor Rioli Menadue Marcon McBean Chol Markov Butler C. Moore

Give senior players a break from heat and travel.

No mention of either Castgna or Short in todays proceedings from any media outlet, Richmond website included, so I'm not sure why they would be given game time.

Opulentus Tigris said:
No mention of either Castgna or Short in todays proceedings from any media outlet, Richmond website included, so I'm not sure why they would be given game time.

Picked up both names in various reports - including Prenders that were present. But apart from that - would include them over incumbents this early in the pre-season. Good chance to have a look at their progress.

Go Toigs! said:
The end of it. Couldn't be less interested in the NAB cup if I tried.

But interested enough to read the thread on it at least - the flame has a flicker :hihi

It will be interesting to see who Broad plays on against the Dockers, i was surprised that he picked up Jack in the scratch match. He may be a bit like Grimes and have the ability to play on both talls and smalls.

Let's hope it not a scorcher that affects the game - they've copped a few 40 deg days over west.

puregreen said:
Let's hope it not a scorcher that affects the game - they've copped a few 40 deg days over west.

Sunny to partly cloudy and pleasant top of 29. Good arvo for footy!

For game 1 I'd play a combination of more senior players on the cusp combined with youth. Vlastuin gets a taste of captaincy.

Castagna Astbury Hunt
Vlastuin (c) Chaplin Broad
Grigg Lambert Menadue
Markov Griffiths Lennon
Rioli McBean Chol

R: Soldo, Townsend, Conca

IC: Short, Elton, Butler, Marcon, C Moore, S Morris