What is Richmond's Friday Night Win Loss record since Hardwick became coach? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What is Richmond's Friday Night Win Loss record since Hardwick became coach?

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Does anybody know where I can get the statistics for our Friday night Win Loss record since Hardwick has been our coach?

My fear is we do not perform that well on Friday night big games and this maybe against us tomorrow night. But this is a gut feeling I do not have empirical evidence to support it.

RemoteTiger said:
Does anybody know where I can get the statistics for our Friday night Win Loss record since Hardwick has been our coach?

My fear is we do not perform that well on Friday night big games and this maybe against us tomorrow night. But this is a gut feeling I do not have empirical evidence to support it.

I hear what you are saying, but the last time we played on a Friday was a pretty reasonable effort wouldn't you say. ;D

Thursday nights have been good the last 2 years. 100% win record

Razorgang2 said:
I hear what you are saying, but the last time we played on a Friday was a pretty reasonable effort wouldn't you say. ;D

True,

But the one before was against Melbourne :help

2010 W 0 L 1
2011 W 0 D 1 L 1
2012 W2 L 0
2013 W 1 L 1
2014 W 2 L 2
2015 W 1 L 1

TOTAL 6 WINS 1 DRAW 6 LOSSES

Even Steven

RFC not KFC said:
2010 W 0 L 1
2011 W 0 D 1 L 1
2012 W2 L 0
2013 W 1 L 1
2014 W 2 L 2
2015 W 1 L 1

Even Steven

Thank you - you're right can't get any more even than that.

Time for the Tigers to go 1 up

All clubs including finals:

Cb P W L D Win%
------------------
Ha 32 26 5 1 82.8
Ge 36 24 12 - 66.7
Sy 15 10 5 - 66.7
Co 36 22 14 - 61.1
WC 9 5 4 - 55.6
NM 14 7 7 - 50.0
Ri 13 6 6 1 50.0
Br 2 1 1 - 50.0
WB 10 4 6 - 40.0
St 23 8 13 2 39.1
Me 6 2 4 - 33.3
Ad 10 3 7 - 30.0
Ca 31 9 22 - 29.0
Fr 14 4 10 - 28.6
Es 26 7 19 - 26.9
PA 5 1 4 - 20.0

Knew there was a reason I like Friday nights. Carlton and Essendon...

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
All clubs including finals:

Cb P W L D Win%
------------------
Ge 36 24 12 - 66.7
Co 36 22 14 - 61.1
Ha 32 26 5 1 82.8
Ca 31 9 22 - 29.0
Es 26 7 19 - 26.9

St 23 8 13 2 39.1
NM 14 7 7 - 50.0
Ri 13 6 6 1 50.0
WB 10 4 6 - 40.0
Me 6 2 4 - 33.3

Knew there was a reason I like Friday nights. Carlton and Essendon...

Same here LTRTR. Makes you wonder why these spoilt brats were continuously given Friday night games no matter what their historical performance showed. Have a look at the huge gap in games played between us and the other Big 3, even considering we still draw big crowds. This is why I keep screaming for Friday night matches every season.

RFC not KFC said:
2010 W 0 L 1
2011 W 0 D 1 L 1
2012 W2 L 0
2013 W 1 L 1
2014 W 2 L 2
2015 W 1 L 1

Even Steven
I think Harwick's overall record is 57-63-2 so Friday night is slightly better than average

RFC not KFC said:
2010 W 0 L 1
2011 W 0 D 1 L 1
2012 W2 L 0
2013 W 1 L 1
2014 W 2 L 2
2015 W 1 L 1

Even Steven

For Hardwick stats I prefer to look at 2013 to 2015.
The first few years are cattle development and teaching. They're not a fair reflection on his ability.
And remember, dimma is just senior coach. He's not the footy dept or playing group , or recruiting team.
He's one person with a key role.

TigerForce said:
Same here LTRTR. Makes you wonder why these spoilt brats were continuously given Friday night games no matter what their historical performance showed. Have a look at the huge gap in games played between us and the other Big 3, even considering we still draw big crowds. This is why I keep screaming for Friday night matches every season.
It really does. I remember they brought this up on SEN some years ago, and one of them cited TV ratings. David Schwarz was working at 7 at the time, and got the viewing stats for us and refuted it. We've got them now, so let's do what we can to hang onto them.

We could have another Friday night game.

Channel Seven is lobbying against Hawthorn-Carlton being scheduled on Friday night in Round 23

JON RALPH

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/channel-seven-is-lobbying-against-hawthorn-carlton-being-scheduled-on-friday-night-in-round-23/story-fni5f8ge-1227465337334

THE AFL could yet find a solution to Round 23’s Hawthorn-Carlton Friday night stinker by fixturing all top-four sides on the Saturday of the final round.

The league was leaning towards handing Hawthorn the maximum break before its qualifying final as part of its mantra to hand top-four sides an advantage.

But the Hawks-Blues game shapes as a total disaster, with Channel Seven instead lobbying for the high-stakes Richmond-North Melbourne game.

The AFL could play all of the top four sides on the Saturday of Round 23 — likely Hawthorn, Fremantle, Sydney and West Coast.

Then it could schedule a qualifying final on the Friday night of Week 1 of the finals, knowing both sides were at least coming off an equal six-day break.

Ideally the minor premier and top-four sides would want a seven-day break before a first final but the new solution would provide more fairness.

None of Sydney, Fremantle or West Coast can play on the Friday of Round 23 given they play on Sunday in Round 22, which would force them into an unenviable five-day break.
One or more of that trio also face successive six-day breaks before their first final if they are scheduled a Friday night qualifying final.

Hawks president Andrew Newbold said his club would accept it Round 23 fixture.

“We will accept whatever cards are dealt. There seems to be a push in the media for us not to get the Friday night game,” he said.

AFL fixturing boss Simon Lethlean told the Herald Sun on Friday one of the Hawks-Blues or Tigers-Roos games would be on the Friday night.

Lethlean said the league would listen to Seven’s feedback on its preferred match.

“It is a factor. Channel Seven will have their say on what they would like. We haven’t spoken in depth, but (Hawthorn-Carlton) is not going to be projected as one of the games of the round,” he said.

The league will schedule six Saturday games in Round 23, with Port Adelaide-Fremantle to be a day or twilight game so the Dockers can fly back to Perth on Saturday night.

The AFL will look at the decision early next week but might hold off a week given key Round 19 clashes — Adelaide-Richmond, West Coast-Hawthorn and Sydney-Geelong
Hawthorn beat Carlton by 138 points last Friday night, with moderate ratings and a disappointing crowd of only 26,815.

“We try to give the top sides the best chance they can to prepare for the finals and that also means travelling teams who are in finals contention can get home by Saturday night,’’ Lethlean said.

“It’s possible all of the top-four sides could play on Saturday and that might be fair as well.

“The main two games we are looking at Hawthorn-Carlton and Richmond-North Melbourne.

“If Richmond-North Melbourne was Friday night and you played the Hawks on Saturday as well as Fremantle, Sydney and West Coast maybe that’s as fair as anything.”

POSSIBLE ROUND 23 FIXTURE
Friday

Richmond v North Melbourne (ES)

Saturday afternoon

Port Adelaide v Fremantle (AO)

Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs (G)

Saturday twilight

Geelong v Adelaide (SS)

Hawthorn v Carlton (MCG)

Saturday night

Sydney v Gold Coast (SCG)

West Coast v St Kilda (SO)

Sunday

Melbourne v GWS (ES)

Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)

Sad little affair at the g Sunday arvo.

I hte goin to games on Friday night, cause its a fair journey and I'm usually tired, but if its good for the club, then I like it.

And Last night was of course special.

On r23 , I worry about nth, (oddly not as much now as I did 24 hours ago . Last nights win really said something) , and playing our home game at their crap heap .... Bad taste in mouth.

Hopefully it doesn't matter.

I am really enjoying my Friday night routines at the moment

Walk home after work (takes about 90 mins)
Have a beer, tea and play with the kids
We all sit down and watch the first half together
The kids go to bed at half time
I sit down with the misses with a bottle of red and watch the tigers calmly beat the dockers, swans and hawks - 3 wins and 0 losses

better than going to the G on Friday night where, when I have gone to watch the game we have a 1 win, 1 loss record this year.

And I get to do this routine again next week ;D