we might be last but this year is heaps better | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

we might be last but this year is heaps better

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
funny thing is that im enjoying this year more than ive enjoyed any in a long long while..
so many reasons to be positive..i think we are right on track and even ahead of where i thought we,d be at this stage.
jack and martin join cotch and delideo as obvious guns...i like the progress of nason and connors and graham and moore..edwards ,farmer,white,tuck, and king have been much better recently to..as has newman......

its just not as grim as last year was and it feels like we are definetly on the right track

A little short term pain (well not really, it's been 28 years of torture) but there's definite signs of long term gain.
I get the feeling that the coaching team are rubbing their hands together with delight with the progress of this team. They might even be ahead of their expectations.
No doubt there will be some more ups and downs, and I know we have seen a few false dawns in the past, but things are certainly looking bright at the moment.

If they can find a CHB, CHF, Ruckman and another quality Mid. they'll be rubbing more than just their hands arlobill

It does have a different feel doesn't it? And really it has only been recent - in the first five or six weeks it looked like same old, same old - very depressing and more than a little embarassing. But Cotchin, Martin and Riewoldt being so good and stepping up to a new level really is so good to watch and takes the pressure off the other good players.

The other good thing is that I've never cared (tooooo much) if we lose but I've always cared how we lose and sometimes how we win. I don't give a stuff about gallent losses or near misses I care about tough uncompromising and intense footy. Which I think we are finally getting closer to under Hardwick (bless him).