We can have our cake and eat it too.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We can have our cake and eat it too....

Feb 25, 2007
if we're winning that's great cause its with the kids, but in the same token id hope like hell that WC and Adelaide are also winning so we still get pic 4, i think we can win 6 games all up but also think WC and Adelaide at home will win games so we might all finish on the same wins but our percentage could keep us below them, so a win win if that makes any sense, well winning games but still get a good draft pic if WC and Crows are doing the same by winning games...

BTW Priority pic which is pic 27 not overly fussed (if we got it well its a bonus, if not so be it), pic 4 we'll land us a gun and then pic 28...

Also would be great to target an out of contract star player with $$$ in the PSD...

Never understood this little metaphor. What the hell is the point of a cake that you don't eat?!

hopper said:
Never understood this little metaphor. What the hell is the point of a cake that you don't eat?!

haha im with ya but i like the saying, anyways hop u get my meaning...we'll win games and still hopefully get a good early draft pic by WC and Crows winning too...

Pick 4 ain't that great after Gold Coast scooped the cream of the 17yo crop last year. It's a compromised draft in more ways than one.

I'm enjoying the almost weekly improvement the team is showing and am content for the draft to look after itself at this stage of the year.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Pick 4 ain't that great after Gold Coast scooped the cream of the 17yo crop last year. It's a weakened draft in more ways than one.

I'm enjoying the almost weekly improvement the team is showing and am content for the draft to look after itself at this stage of the year.

disagree this draft is very strong, top 5 seem to be guns by all reports gaff, bennel, day just to name a few, even james hird said that this draft could well rival 2001 and also mentioned another year which has just slipped my mind...

Me too im rapped that the players are improving and winning also as i said but if WC and Crows win too ahh thats just a bonus 4 us...

AstuteTiger said:
disagree this draft is very strong, top 5 seem to be guns by all reports gaff, bennel, day just to name a few, even james hird said that this draft could well rival 2001 and also mentioned another year which has just slipped my mind...

Me too im rapped that the players are improving and winning also as i said but if WC and Crows win too ahh thats just a bonus 4 us...

I heard Hird comment on the draft just gone (2009) as possibly rivaling the 2001 draft, not sure he would have been commenting on a draft that hasn't yet taken place. Maybe he did, but I definitely heard him talking about last years as a good crop.

AstuteTiger said:

Without being an expert, I don't see how that's possible when the top 12 prospects who would've featured in the next draft will not be available.

The kids will be talked up no matter what. It's like horse racing - even if the season's crop is weak, they'll compare the flavour of the month to Vain or Manikato.

Judge Smailes said:
I think Fev already ate the cake the fat bastard.
hehe - I believe that Voss is now looking into movie direction. His first will be influenced by his life - "My Big Fat Greek Full Forward"!

Disco Stu said:
I heard Hird comment on the draft just gone (2009) as possibly rivaling the 2001 draft, not sure he would have been commenting on a draft that hasn't yet taken place. Maybe he did, but I definitely heard him talking about last years as a good crop.

stu i read it in the herald sun but might have to re read just to be sure but regardless the top 5 in this coming draft are being spoken about very very highly

hopper said:
If you eat your cake you don't have it anymore. Yeah, pretty silly I guess.

AstuteTiger said:
stu i read it in the herald sun but might have to re read just to be sure but regardless the top 5 in this coming draft are being spoken about very very highly

Oh ok, I heard him on the couch, so we are talking about different comments.
Yep, the top 5 are being highly rated... they are every year, hopefully we manage to snaffle a gun with which ever pick we get.... maybe a slider!

It's not just the pick 4 that's at stake.
I'm not sure how the PSD works next year but if Ablett stays at Geelong they're gonna have to offload a couple of handy players to stay under the cap so having first pick in the PSD could become very handy

I just hope like others are saying that the Crows and Eagles win more than us but with Worsfold playing 2-3 first gamers this week I think he's showing his hand which way he's heading for the rest of the season

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Without being an expert, I don't see how that's possible when the top 12 prospects who would've featured in the next draft will not be available.

The kids will be talked up no matter what. It's like horse racing - even if the season's crop is weak, they'll compare the flavour of the month to Vain or Manikato.

fair call mate, but i can only go by what ive read and heard re the top 5 in this draft, and gaff, bennel swallow (GC), darling, day and im sure there will be a few bolters between now and when the U18 final comes along shorty, still confident we'll land a gun at pic 4 or 6...

Disco Stu said:
Oh ok, I heard him on the couch, so we are talking about different comments.
Yep, the top 5 are being highly rated... they are every year, hopefully we manage to snaffle a gun with which ever pick we get.... maybe a slider!

thats it, all we need is 1 gun with our early pic and then hopefully like 2009 draft pic up some very solid players thereafter and "hopefully" perhaps snare another gun with those later pics

Personally so sick of these sorts of threads. Our young kids are playing great footy and winning why on earth would we wnat to mess with that? Keep on winning guys and it wont what matter what draft number they are. They all of a sudden will be coming into a young club with a winning culture and exciting times ahead. In my opinion the environment this kids come into that moulds them, it's so much more important than what number they are given in a draft.

Go Tigers.

That is not what he said. He said we are winning and could continue to do so but finish last because of our percentage and still get pick 4.

If GC were not coming in this year how good would we feel. Potential pick 1 or 2 and a rising side lol F***.

Ah well...

If we get pick 4 and use it on Andrew Gaff then we have done well to add to our elite midfield....