Wallet is talking about how to rebuild a football list on SEN Now | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Wallet is talking about how to rebuild a football list on SEN Now

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
If you want something to laugh at Wallet is talking about it now! :rofl

this should go well.
i hope those in charge at richmond are listening. we need to get our rebuild right.

He said Richmond are missing quality players in the mid-range 20s group and that's why it's so hard for Tigers right now - I wonder whose fault is that? (of course he has not taken any responsibility for it). SEN has invited calls on the topic

Oh well bit of a fizzer (one call and they changed topics - guess it's about protecting the human oil slick). Wallet then went on to say:

- most underpaid people at football clubs are recruiting people (if they get it wrong the coach cops all the blame)

- Afl coaches paid most because it's danger money

- He reckons the people he'd pay the most for are the recruiters (after having paid the coach top dollar of course)

At least he's keeping his priorities consistent ie money

Tygrys said:
He said Richmond are missing quality players in the mid-range 20s group and that's why it's so hard for Tigers right now - I wonder whose fault is that? (of course he has not taken any responsibility for it). SEN has invited calls on the topic

Was our problem before Wallace. Lack of players in that age group.

GoodOne said:
Was our problem before Wallace. Lack of players in that age group.

But as the man in charge for 5 years he should have began to rectify the situation, instead we are back where we were before he came on board

LeighW said:
But as the man in charge for 5 years he should have began to rectify the situation, instead we are back where we were before he came on board

Sure but in hindsight the only way we were going to do that is rebuild as we are now. If he did that we'd still be missing quality players in the mid-range 20s right now. Wallace in a way tried to rectify that by recruiting guys like Polak and McMahon which we know in hidsight (and many always felt) was wrong. The recruiting of that age group who have failed and moved on rests back to Frawley's era. Not trying to make excuses for Wallace, far from it, but our woes began well before Wallace took over as coach.

Ian4 said:
i turned the radio off when he started talking about richmond. just can't stomach it.

He didn't need to talk about Richmond, I change stations when his crackling voice was heard!

Tygrys said:
- He reckons the people he'd pay the most for are the recruiters (after having paid the coach top dollar of course)

:blah
Maybe he should have taken a leaf out of Clarkson's book and redirected some of his finances towards recruiting if he truly believed that when he signed for 5 years?

Besides didn't he rate our list ahead of the Hawks when he came to Tigerland??

Some may even be true what he says but he's a master of deflecting his own major inadequacies. :spin
With Terry it's all blame, no responsibility.

Tigers of Old said:
Maybe he should have taken a leaf out of Clarkson's book and redirected some of his finances towards recruiting if he truly believed that when he signed for 5 years?

Some may even be true what he says but he's a master of deflecting his own major inadequacies. :spin
Exactly

Tigers of Old said:

Hard to argue with that one, Oldie.

Hey Wally what the :police: do you know about building a list?
Who did you threaten to sleep with to get a gig on SEN?

Heard the interview, just cant learn to shut his trap especially when he took the club down the path that ultimately led to where we are now. Just continues to yearn the spotlight.

Did he try and explain how to build a list b y only taking 3 and 4 players in the national draft and then taking a recycled 28+ player in the pre-season? :p

Said it before but how people who responsible for our current position can comment and critisize is beyond me.