Viewing game vs WC in Brissy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Viewing game vs WC in Brissy

AZZAMOOT

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2006
Melbourne
Im visiting family in Brissy & need to locate a pub etc to watch the game on sunday. Im in the oxley/toowong area, any suggestions from brissy friends here?

The Regatta Hotel on Coronation Drive is the best pub on that side of town. Never watched the footy there so I don't know what they offer in that regard.

The best place to watch Richmond games is the Broadway Hotel. I think the QLD Supporters Group meet there to watch the games. But that is on the other side of town at Wooloongabba.

AZZAMOOT said:
Im visiting family in Brissy & need to locate a pub etc to watch the game on sunday. Im in the oxley/toowong area, any suggestions from brissy friends here?

All the Qld supporters will be at the Broadway Hotel this Sunday as usual. I travel 30kms each way to get there and you'll be closer than that.

Well worth the trip.

AZZAMOOT said:

Tiger29's suggestion is the best, but a pub near you, The OX in Oxley has a reasonable sports bar these days and may well be showing the game (Cnr Ipswich and Oxley Rds)....call em on (07) 33615100

PS, bring a jumper cos the weather has just turned :help

Hoping to make my debut at the Broadway this Sunday. A Tiger who has recently moved to Brisbane. :)

Tigerblood said:
Hoping to make my debut at the Broadway this Sunday. A Tiger who has recently moved to Brisbane. :)

Will look forward to meeting you.

You will find us at the back of the hotel, upstairs in the Loft. We have our own room.

please make yourself known

Thanks for the pointers guys. It turned out I watched the game in my hotel room as I was a little 'worn out' from festivities sat night. I did head to the OX on monday to watch the melb-coll game.

On a QLD note, the AFL coverage up there is alot more significant than i expected, compared to NRL coverage in VIC anyway. In particular in Cairns area I thought, several pages in their paper. And it wasnt just the Falou/Hunt thing either.