Unity | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Unity

ThePercies

Tiger Superstar
Apr 8, 2007
Bendigo
Here's a little clip from the main site

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/263031/richmond-training-may-6/

Love the noise levels in training and the 'unity' shown at the end of the clip where all the players are joined together to run a lap. It just shows how we are bonding well and this group minus 10-12 'hopefully' will form a team capable of playing regular finals football by at least 2014... :clap

Ive watched Richmond train over 100 times over the years, and that has to be the most lackluster and uninspiring bit of training Ive seen in years..

zippadeee said:
Ive watched Richmond train over 100 times over the years, and that has to be the most lackluster and uninspiring bit of training Ive seen in years..
Probally had to do with a very tough session early in the week.Not to mention only 3 days out from this weeks game.
BTW why the hell are we training at Scum Park?

zippadeee said:
Wasn't great

Where's the *smile*ing pressure on the players kicking for goal?......21 seconds into the clip Nahas is having a shot on goal and Polak looks like he hanging to go to the toilet!, forward to 41 seconds on the clip and this time Nahas looks like he's waiting at the bus stop, whilst Morton is having a ping at the big sticks.

You play the way you train..... thats why we miss so many set shots during the game, all of a sudden there is REAL pressure from the op and were *smile*ed.

I don't reckon you can take much out of training form myself. I have seen us train a couple of times and we look a million bucks. Then the boys get out on the paddock, and the crisp disposal, great grabs and fluent ball movement goes out the window.

When i lived in richmond i would be there nearly every week, during the 90/s under northery and walls, they were hard trainers and there skill level was high. With Knights, Free and gale controlling the sessions.
and everybody trained together,
It was fantastic to watch, because they played the way they trained "HARD".

zippadeee said:
When i lived in richmond i would be there nearly every week, during the 90/s under northery and walls, they were hard trainers and there skill level was high. With Knights, Free and gale controlling the sessions.
and everybody trained together,
It was fantastic to watch, because they played the way they trained "HARD".

And still lost...

Agree though, we played much MUCH harder football in the 90's.

Everyone played much harder footy in the 90's though, with all the sport science and stuff that is about these days I would be surprised if there were a lot of teams who still train the way they did back then. The unity in the group is great, now we just need to get the skills right