Trade strategy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade strategy

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Looking at the draft from the outside the impression I get is that we must believe that we are Grand final material with out current team.

There has been no whispers of trading any of our regular starting line up out to trade for a gun player and the only player who we have seriously looked to trade is Atsbury.

We have had a go at a few very good players and come up snake eyes so far with the Yarran deal still a up in the air.

The Yarran trade I still find perplexing, we have gone to great lengths to get a suitable trade only to find Carlton playing mind games.

We should have walked away and called their bluff but I do not know what promises we made to Yarran to get him here so maybe we painted ourselves into a corner.

Just on Yarran, I still can't work out which position he will play. If it is back flank does he take Houli's spot if it is the forward flank does he take Edwards spot?

Some might suggest that he takes Lamberts spot but Lambert is an inside midfielder and rests on the forward flank rotating with the other midfielders. (Yarran is not an inside mid)

Do we drop Griffiths and play a two tall men forward line and in that case why haven't we put Benny up for trade as he would be surplus to requirement.

Newy has retired but I believe that Lennon has been promised that other forward flank position.

I hope he doesn't become our Paddy Ryder, a good player coming into the team but upsetting the balance in the process.

Richardson identified rebounding defender and inside mid as our priorities.

Am guessing they think we are well covered everywhere else.

:help

Yep that's my feeling too. The club thinks the current list is going to take us to a top 4 spot and a shot at the flag. Collingwood, Geelong and potentially Port will climb above us next year. This squad will struggle to get us into the eight next year.

saigon tiger said:
Yep that's my feeling too. The club thinks the current list is going to take us to a top 4 spot and a shot at the flag. Collingwood, Geelong and potentially Port will climb above us next year. This squad will struggle to get us into the eight next year.

Do you want a few dollars on the side on that statement Saigon?

LOL Collingwood.... are people serious???

INS: Treloar + Howe

OUTS: Seedsman + Kennedy + Freeman + 2015 round 1 pick + 2016 round 1 pick

And now they are going to trade their 2 second round picks for Aish.....

No idea how anyone thinks they are winning at all in this period!

Vlossy Collingwood have traded out 3 peripheral player and picks and picked up one A grade midfielder and a B grade forward so logically they will improve, whether it is enough to make the finals only time will tell.

yandb said:
Vlossy Collingwood have traded out 3 peripheral player and picks and picked up one A grade midfielder and a B grade forward so logically they will improve, whether it is enough to make the finals only time will tell.

No. They traded out a top 10 pick player they compared to Dangerfield. They also traded out Kennedy who they took with pick 19 for Howe + picks. They also traded out a Magpie supporter all his life in Seedsman who was good enough to win the ANZAC medal in 2015. Throw in 2 first round picks (both close enough to top 10) and it is massive.

In return they get a superstar no doubt in Treloar. But Howe? Does anyone know where his best position is? Not sure he does anything to this team and will probably end up alongside Jesse White and Quinten Lynch as rubbish craps ins.

The other thing we have done in this period is planted a few early seeds.

Think about Lobbe and Jack Steele. We have been linked with both who should be both gettable in 2016.

Lobbe still has 4 years to run on his contract. At the end of next year there will be 3 years left, I think it will take quite a bit of effort to get him away from port.

I think we should look elsewhere

TT33 said:
Lobbe still has 4 years to run on his contract. At the end of next year there will be 3 years left, I think it will take quite a bit of effort to get him away from port.

I think we should look elsewhere

I think after another year in the SANFL he might be looking for opportunities ;)

i reckon he is too short anyways, very simliar to maric Vs top rucks...in fact maric is better set shot....pass on Lobbe.

saigon tiger said:

I heard that last year as well and especially how Port were going to leave us for dead

We are doing the slow steady build which is OK by me.

Pies just picked up Aish, and we're still looking up what 'strategy' means in a dictionary.

Collingwood Receive: Aish and pick No.34 and 53
Collingwood Lose: No.26, 28, 47 and a 2016 second-round 2016 pick (St Kilda)

Anyone actually think Pies win in this???

Always nice to see Pies getting reamed! ;D