To the parents of young Tigers! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

To the parents of young Tigers!

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I made this suggestion in another post the other day (when it was mentioned about a junior Tiger attending their first ever Richmond match on the weekend).
But because I feel this is pretty important - I'm posting it again here below.

I've actually done this for my young bloke (he is now 21 and I'm still doing it on his behalf!).
It is a great collection in the bookshelves at home i.e. a real history of every game he's seen - and he's over the 100 game mark now. Of course one day - he'll have to take it over himself!
I also got my brothers to do the same thing for their kids - and I preach the same message to anyone.
It's an opportunity to create something that might get passed down the generations.
(I only wish I had a record of my own RFC experience)

Can I make a suggestion? (Of course you may have already decided to do this).

Keep a copy of the Footy Record for this game.
Also - tear out today's newspaper report of the game - and insert it in the Record.
Now store this somewhere safe.
Repeat this for every game she goes to.
In 50 years when she is taking her kids/grandkids to the footy - she'll have a sensational collection.