timekeepers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

timekeepers

mark davey

Tiger Superstar
Jul 8, 2004
ASPENDALE
I thought the game against Adelaide last night was a return to what we used to see in the old days of State of Origin in Adelaide.

In the second quarter when the ball was 10 metres out from Richmond's goal the siren went 7 seconds early. In the third quarter when the ball was 10 metres out from Adelaide's goal the siren went 7 seconds late.

Tambling juggled a mark taking it cleanly about half a metre from the boundary line only for the boundary umpire to say he juggled it over the line.

Kel Moore was desperately trying to get the footy in the last quarter but was unable to move as his opponent was holding both of his legs. Another Adelaide player ran in picked up the ball and kicked the goal.

Holding the ball was only paid as free kicks to Adelaide.

Imagine the uproar if it happened to Collingwood

super_coach said:
I thought the game against Adelaide last night was a return to what we used to see in the old days of State of Origin in Adelaide.

In the second quarter when the ball was 10 metres out from Richmond's goal the siren went 7 seconds early. In the third quarter when the ball was 10 metres out from Adelaide's goal the siren went 7 seconds late.

Tambling juggled a mark taking it cleanly about half a metre from the boundary line only for the boundary umpire to say he juggled it over the line.

Kel Moore was desperately trying to get the footy in the last quarter but was unable to move as his opponent was holding both of his legs. Another Adelaide player ran in picked up the ball and kicked the goal.

Holding the ball was only paid as free kicks to Adelaide.

Imagine the uproar if it happened to Collingwood

The Kel Moore leg holding had me tearing my hair out, it was blatant and these free kicks should not be missed. It was one of the most highly umpired game I've seen in a few years and im usrprised there's not more of us talking about it.

Tiger_4_Life said:
It was one of the most highly umpired game I've seen in a few years and im usrprised there's not more of us talking about it.

Much as I agree that the umpiring was *smile*, it did not cost us the game. We lost the game because of our inability to put on scoreboard pressure (5 behinds in the third quarter, all very gettable goals), our inability to win centre clearances, our pathetic kick-in strategies, lack of leadership when scores were tied early in the last quarter and simple errors/turnovers.