Time is running out | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Time is running out

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
:eek:I was amazed to find out that our playing list average age is the 5th oldest at 23.5 years.

It is younger than Adelaide and Port Power ( 23.9 years), Carlton (23.7) and Brisbane (23.6) and older than Sydney (23.3), Hawthorn and Bulldogs(23.0), StKIlda (22.9), Kangaroos (22.8), Melbourne (22.7), Weagles (22.5), Colliwobbles, Bumbers and Freo (22.3) and the Cats (22.0).

If you look at players experience, ie average number of games played, we are ranked equal 4th with Carlton at 70 games.

The experience is exceeded by Adelaide (72)and Brisbane and Port (71). Less expereiced are Bulldogs and Saints (63), Kangas, Sydney and Weagles (60), Hawthorn(57), Madpies (55), Essenbum (51), Demons (49) and Dockers and Geelong (43).

So what?

It means that the time for excuses for the list of players, especially the more senior players, is over. Make the finals and perform OR GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The theme for the year should be NO MORE EXCUSES.

Wish there was a way of measuring mental maturity. I reckon we'd be 15th. No way we are worse than Carlton.

I personallly find this argument about who's got the younger list to be a load of cr@p. You want the list to be mixture of experience and youth not one or the other.

One thing I noticed which caught my attention while looking at the Season Preview booklet that came with the Record was that we have had 11 debuts over the last three years (compare this to Collingwood who have had 9 which is only more than Brisbane on 8 ). In fact the average is 11-12 with Geelong the most with 15 then Essendon, West Coast and St Kilda.

In terms of age we are fine.