The road to the 2024 super draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The road to the 2024 super draft

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
We are so lucky to have Blair and what he has done is remarkable. We have 8 great picks in a draft that every club wants to get in on. There are actually 6 clubs that don't have a pick before our 8! I have heard that some of these clubs have already been coming to us with offers. Its quite possible that we will end up drafting 6-7 players and also have 3-4 future first rounders at the end of this process. Great that we have Blair steering the ship - its not inconceivable that we look back to this trade period after our next flag and trace it all back to this point in time. Perhaps we have just witnessed the blueprint for the fastest and most comprehensive rebuild ever undertaken (others are sure to copy us ... again) - a flag pre 2030 is not out of the question!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
I reckon it is best to use all our picks this year. No trading of picks.
The more picks the better our chance of picking the diamonds.
There are so many opinions about who are the best.
Yze now has the chance to put his stamp on a team.
Very important to pick fast, highly skilled players.

Kids that have large egos are built for AFL and big moments.

And don't waste years of list spots on young ruckmen. Total waste of energy.
Pinch them from other teams at 23/24 even if you pay a premium, you are still better off.

Reactions: 2 users
My prayers keep asking for big bodied, fast, inside and outside midfielders. Because they win the battle in the engine room. And the team that wins the engine room generally wins the game.

Amen

I reckon it is best to use all our picks this year. No trading of picks.
The more picks the better our chance of picking the diamonds.
There are so many opinions about who are the best.
Yze now has the chance to put his stamp on a team.
Very important to pick fast, highly skilled players.

Kids that have large egos are built for AFL and big moments.

And don't waste years of list spots on young ruckmen. Total waste of energy.
Pinch them from other teams at 23/24 even if you pay a premium, you are still better off.
We’ll get another top pick next year, and we’ll need to look at replacements for retiring players. I can’t see Prestia or Lynch going into 2026. Are there any good younger players who want to break a contract to go to another club? We could pick up some picks from them.

I'm starting to lean towards using all our picks as they are and delisting Dow, Coulthard and Cumbo to make it happen. Pretty sure though Blair has his eyes set on No 2. 8 players in the top 24 is a ridiculous hand. Even if 4 of them go on to become elite we have set ourselves up for years to come

I'm starting to lean towards using all our picks as they are and delisting Dow, Coulthard and Cumbo to make it happen. Pretty sure though Blair has his eyes set on No 2. 8 players in the top 24 is a ridiculous hand. Even if 4 of them go on to become elite we have set ourselves up for years to come
Coultard is a rookie