The Future of Fairfax | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Future of Fairfax

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Please no.

SMHBIGsmall1.jpg

The fat lady has sung, she wants power, a place on the board, jobs to be slashed, and burning ambition to be the richest individual in the world. Her petty spat with Rose (love me longtime) Porteous is laughable in hindsight as the money up for grabs back then was insignificant compared to the fortune she controls now.

Sintiger said:
Please no.

thats pretty funny.
i think it would be a pretty sad day for Oz press if Reinhart does gain any sort of control over the Fairfax papers.

Brodders17 said:
thats pretty funny.
i think it would be a pretty sad day for Oz press if Reinhart does gain any sort of control over the Fairfax papers.
Leaving aside the Fairfax issue anyone who watched the 4 corners program on Monday on Gina would be wondering what is going on in her head. The way she is treating some of her children in mindblowing. As a father I find it very difficult to comprehend.

She is one strange person.

poppa x said:
Whereas everyone on PRE is perfectly normal :rofl :rofl

Funny and oh so true. Probably not quite as rich though. :blah

rosy23 said:
Funny and oh so true. Probably not quite as rich though. :blah
If you added up all the wealth of everyone who posts here I wonder how far away we would be from $27 billion ;D

I liked Barry Humphries' comment on her when he was asked about her on Q&A. "You would think that if someone has $27 billion they could afford a hairdresser".

Sintiger said:
I liked Barry Humphries' comment on her when he was asked about her on Q&A. "You would think that if someone has $27 billion they could afford a hairdresser".

Funny coming from him.

1362795159.jpg

Sintiger said:
Leaving aside the Fairfax issue anyone who watched the 4 corners program on Monday on Gina would be wondering what is going on in her head. The way she is treating some of her children in mindblowing. As a father I find it very difficult to comprehend.

She is one strange person.
Excessive wealth destroys people and their morals. There are very few exceptions.

Stick a fork in Fairfax, it is done. The Age and SMH will survive as the playthings of a rich person who doesn't mind losing money on them, or not at all.

Any dumbing down of the media makes us all stupider. I should care, but I already forgot what I was saying.

Stox said:
Any dumbing down of the media makes us all stupider. I should care, but I already forgot what I was saying.

Media isn't just dumbing down but they are have become adept the last few years at skewing reality with fiction in 'live' sport.

A couple of examples.

A Liverpool fan has a banner shown at most games at Anfield....here is the banner (its the middle one showing the 5 "fathers" of Liverpool):

x2_256d4b0

While Roy Hodgson was manager (and disliked by the majority of Liverpool fans) at the club and Sky (Foxtel coverage here) were televising our first game of that season, this is what they showed:

x2_256c973

Note the difference....Sky had superimposed an image of Hodgson on the banner for their 'live' broadcast to suit their agenda.

More recent examples of media manipulation of sport only happened at the latest Euro championships where the 'live' broadcast showed a German woman crying after Italy scored.
However, it has been discovered that the woman was filmed crying BEFORE the game started during the national anthem and UEFA had doctored the 'live' broadcast to put this footage in after Italy had scored.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/05/german-tv-uefa-crying-fan

It is only a matter of time before we start noticing media manipulation in our sports.
Will they superimpose fans at the Dome or MCG to make out to the TV viewers that there is a bigger crowd than there is in reality?
Could they change any banners or signs from our own cheer squad to suit an agenda?

I expect from the media that we get to experience exactly what the spectators at the game witness and I hope we don't go down this path of skewing reality to either boost ratings or to sweeten an agenda.