The Ex-Richmond know it alls | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Ex-Richmond know it alls

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
I love footy too much.

This extended period of nothing hurts me and I know you guys immensely.

So I watch and listen to other games instead of ours because I just can't hack seeing us get destroyed all the time.

And I hear all the know it alls out there.

terry wallace - sen radio

nathan brown - mmm radio/sunday footy show

david king - 3aw radio

and with all due respect, Matty Richardson - 3aw/ch 7

I ask you which other club currently has soo many ex-players and coaches in these expert commentating roles?

Most clubs may have 1 or 2 at the most.

We are the worst of the worst, therefore our ex-blokes know two fifths of SFA!

How come these guys know soo much and can deliver soo little?

They say all the right things at the right times, have greats like Leigh Matthews agree with them, yet couldn't go anywhere near where they say they would take us.

With the exception of Richo (who tried his guts out all the time) I fail to see what the others bring to the expert commentating table.

In the words of one of these moron's, when I here them "I WANNA SPEW UP!!"

its just not us, hawthorn x players are everwhere Harford, Thompson, crawford, matthews, brearton, dunstall,
I know where your coming from, the one that gives me the *smile* is "I Know Everything David king"
Cant blame browny or richo, but just dont listen to wallace when his on SEN, I switch off..

No zippa I mean those just out of the game/club.

Pretty much all the ones you quoted have been out of the game for a while bar crawford, and Thompson went to the roos after the dawks.

I heard Spud Frawley on the opening of the MMM broadcast yesterday and as soon as he uttered his first inane statement... I was off to anything, old, classical... I would have even listened to one of the foreign stations, as they would have been more informative than that der Dussel!

tigerjoe said:
I love footy too much.

So I watch and listen to other games instead of ours because I just can't hack seeing us get destroyed all the time.

david king - 3aw radio

I ask you which other club currently has soo many ex-players and coaches in these expert commentating roles?

They say all the right things at the right times, have greats like Leigh Matthews agree with them, yet couldn't go anywhere near where they say they would take us.

With the exception of Richo (who tried his guts out all the time) I fail to see what the others bring to the expert commentating table.

Browny hasn't really been a know it all IMO, he's said it exactly like it is, and when I've heard him he's been quite supportive and no real evidence of him having sour grapes after being let go. His comment about Wallace's gameplan going off the rails in the last 2 years was gold.

As for Richo, he's been tipping us most weeks for a win. If he recognises weaknesses he's probably right and it's part of his job/s.

Really we only have Richo and Browny I would call recently retired footballers in the media.

Wallet and King were just *smile* coaches who brought nothing to our club, and now stick their boots in whenever they get the chance.

I was listening to Wallet on that crapy croc media show we have here in Albury/Wodonga, and a caller said "gee Terry you have left the Tigers in a good spot" and was cut off immediatly. They are precious.

tigerjoe said:
I love footy too much.

david king - 3aw radio

Do we throw BT into this group as well?

I actually really like Danny Frawley.

I think he knows a lot about the game, is statistically astute and generally knows what he's talking about.

He was just terrible at list management and coaching skills..

maverick said:
Richo and Browny are both excellent.

They're doing ok but given time away from the club etc they too will know everything about how to fix everything wrong with a club/player/game plan etc.

tigerjoe said:
I love footy too much.

david king - 3aw radio

Just do what I do and listen to 3LO

got to laugh listening to frawley, talks about being 3 yrs behind, what a peanut not only did wallace *smile* up so did frawley in recruiting, how many players from his reign "especially" his first few drafts 99, 2000 and 01' who now should now be 26 to 29 only newman i think, im happy to stand corrected if wrong....2001 super draft our 1st pic was 33

Gee id also add in now the 2002 draft pitiful....8 yrs on players should be 25, 26 and 27 nope none remain (only newman), like to know how many of geelongs players are still around from 1999 to 2002 ND....