the blues should have their premerships away taken to then | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

the blues should have their premerships away taken to then

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
well they shouldnt and wont of course,but at least i got something to *smile* stir my carlton freinds over today.. :police:

super_coach said:
Am i right in saying Carlton were convicted of salary cap breaches in a premiership year?

yes you totally right.....to late to take it off them to...

and arent they paying judd a huge chunk of extra money as a employee at VISi paper??

yes they should..when i think about it,how come they get away with paying judd this false job at visi?/ whats the difference??

id like to see them and melbourne charged with tanking..they should never of got away with that..but how do you prove it??

arlobill said:
yes they should..when i think about it,how come they get away with paying judd this false job at visi?/ whats the difference??

AFL have to approve such situations. It isn't just Judd that gets these deals, it is other players at other clubs too.

feisty tige said:
AFL have to approve such situations. It isn't just Judd that gets these deals, it is other players at other clubs too.

the clubs can now legally cheat the salary cap with Judd like deals.

If Dimwitwho had any footballs hed be going through the books at Carlscum.
Especially the Juddy deal. :eek:
How did the Twig become a "Myers" ambassador? :-X

I despise Carlton more than anyone, but, they were not proven to have rorted the salary cap in 1995. From memory all of Carltons penalty was for breaches in 2000.

I do not believe they were investigated for thier 1995 premiership, it id high time theri win in 95 was investigated..

Mind you they are the only sporting organisation in Australis that has been found guity of cheating to win games (2000) and cheating to lose games in 1910. They have been the countries worst cheats in a 100 years and it continues to this day.

Oops, I was wrong. Carlton were found to "have systematically breached the regulations between 1994-1996 and 1998-2001 after an AFL investigation" The commission described the Blues’ salary cap breaches “as a deliberate, elaborate and sophisticated scheme to break the player payment rules.”

Stuff them, take the premiership off them.

The Afl since changed the charges to far heavier charges if a team does it again. This is wrong, Carlton have cheated their way in creating a premiership team too. The punishment to the blues was far from what it should have been.

Tambling Man said:
I despise Carlton more than anyone, but, they were not proven to have rorted the salary cap in 1995. From memory all of Carltons penalty was for breaches in 2000.

I do not believe they were investigated for thier 1995 premiership, it id high time theri win in 95 was investigated..

Mind you they are the only sporting organisation in Australis that has been found guity of cheating to win games (2000) and cheating to lose games in 1910. They have been the countries worst cheats in a 100 years and it continues to this day.

This is how I recall it.

But didn't both Essendon and Melbourne get done for breaking the cap the year they played off for the flag. Minor breaches I believe, but still an interesting point.

Tambling Man said:
Oops, I was wrong. Carlton were found to "have systematically breached the regulations between 1994-1996 and 1998-2001 after an AFL investigation" The commission described the Blues’ salary cap breaches “as a deliberate, elaborate and sophisticated scheme to break the player payment rules.”

Stuff them, take the premiership off them.

If the quote above about "deliberate, elaborate etc ..."is right, whats the difference between Carlton and Storm? When added to the blatant tanking of recent years and the perhaps technically legal, but neverthless smelly, Visy/Judd deal....Carlton seem to have got away with blue murder....no pun intended.