The Australian Flag? Should we change it? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Australian Flag? Should we change it?

The Australian Flag? Should we change it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it should be changed. I don't object to the Union Jack being in it, like it or not it is part of our heritage. But I've always thought it odd that it's red, white and blue. Should be green and gold.

There was a time where I thought it should have been yellow and black!

Tiger74 said:
for me only if we become a republic

Agree entirely, and at that point I strongly believe we should ditch the entire flag concept for a really impressive pole, outrageous in length and really bendy – very practical in these flag burning (and stomping) times we live in.

23.21.159 said:
I think it should be changed. I don't object to the Union Jack being in it, like it or not it is part of our heritage. But I've always thought it odd that it's red, white and blue. Should be green and gold.

Sporting colors don't equal national colors...

I'd be for a change, so long as it doesn't cost us millions of dollars to do, and doesn't end up representing the modern day designed aboriginal flag.

I think its great that this thread has attracted little comment.

As Australians, I think we dont give a toss about such things, to change or otherwise. Probably why we wont become a Republic anytime soon.

while i am strongly in favour of australia becoming a republic, if i had a choice between changing the flag or australia becoming a republic i would chose changing the flag any day of the week.

the current flag passed it's used by date decades ago imo. first of all the union jack must go. while i'm not saying we should forget our colonial past (i hold aussie and british passports myself), having it on the flag makes us look inferior. plus it's not a true reflection of our multicultural society, which wasn't the case when the flag was created. i also don't think the union jack should be replaced by the aboriginal flag because like the union jack, it's not a true representation of the population. also, red white and blue must be replaced by green and gold, and the federal star is irrelevant because it has 7 points (while we have 6 states and 2 territories).

so 2 suggestions i have are:
1. gold southern cross constellation in a green background
2. replica of the eureka flag, but in green and gold.

opinions?

C'mon Bin-Man. Get real. What would these guys do?

171888-english-aussie-flag-tatoo.jpg

Australian_Flag_Skin_Rip_7399781611719.jpg

or my personal favourite:

1_afl_gallery_tatts_dayne_beams-600x400.jpg