That errant kick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

That errant kick

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
That errand kick against Freo is biting us on the bum now. Instead of being equal 4th with Sydney we find ourselves sitting in 6th possie with the Bullies taking our 5th. spot. Now we have North and Geelong breathing down our necks.

We badly need to win the next two games against Adelaide and the Suns, neither of which will be givens. On form we should win against Adelaide but the Suns will be no pushover.

One bad kick is all it has taken to put the heat back on us. Oh well, no good comes of crying over spilt milk of course, but can't help being miffed at what could have been.

It is in our hands to play finals, all we need to do is to keep winning and let other games work themselves out. Can't do anything about other games, they will play themselves out as the last few weeks evolve.

graystar1 said:
That errand kick against Freo is biting us on the bum now. Instead of being equal 4th with Sydney we find ourselves sitting in 6th possie with the Bullies taking our 5th. spot. Now we have North and Geelong breathing down our necks.

We badly need to win the next two games against Adelaide and the Suns, neither of which will be givens. On form we should win against Adelaide but the Suns will be no pushover.

One bad kick is all it has taken to put the heat back on us. Oh well, no good comes of crying over spilt milk of course, but can't help being miffed at what could have been.

It is in our hands to play finals, all we need to do is to keep winning and let other games work themselves out. Can't do anything about other games, they will play themselves out as the last few weeks evolve.

There was more than one errant kick in that game. At least 8 of them at the other end of the ground. Should have won that game by 3-4 goals.

From psychology today...

"Want a quick upgrade to the way you communicate with yourself, with work colleagues, and in your love relationships? Delete the word should from your vocabulary. Should sometimes gives good guidance. More often it just sets unrealistic expectations, induces guilt, and decreases your desire to do what you otherwise might want to do."

Probably worth noting the clinical way the Dogs disposed of the Bombers today.

Perhaps we should have done likewise to Carlton, GWS and the Saints.

DragicevicFan said:
Probably worth noting the clinical way the Dogs disposed of the Bombers today.

Perhaps we should have done likewise to Carlton, GWS and the Saints.

We are going to play finals. Just a little frustrating that we haven't put sides away and haven't kicked enough goals to maintain a healthy percentage. Basically our goal kicking this season has been disgusting.

The Houli kick was a shocker.
People who say it didn't cost us the game...don't mean it or don't get it.
Even if Bacha kicked it out of bounds on the full would have been more helpful.

But we've 9 of the last 11, just losing to a couple of the top 4.

All in all, we are winning and grinning

ThePercies said:
We are going to play finals. Just a little frustrating that we haven't put sides away and haven't kicked enough goals to maintain a healthy percentage. Basically our goal kicking this season has been disgusting.

Our style of play that does not allow us to kick big scores, it's about restricting the opposition and playing negative football. Personally I don't think it's going to get us far in finals but I hope I'm wrong. My belief is the best defence is a good offense.

If someone had said that of the Freo and Hawthorn matches I will guarantee you one win we would have taken it in a heartbeat.

So as much as we were disappointed in Bachar its time to move on, his teammates have.

I tend to look at these issues separately.

I agree with an earlier posting that our goal kicking has been pretty poor this year. Agree also that the Houli kick shouldn't have been an issue because we should have been 5 goals up, but bad kicking hurt us.

As to Houli's kick. It was not only a bad decision, it was poorly executed. The view from behind the goals showed he kicked the ball too far to the left, more towards the Dockers player, not towards our bloke. Yes, if he'd gone a few seconds earlier or had kicked it better it wouldn't have been an issue, but at that point in the game, "hit the boundary!"

yandb said:
So as much as we were disappointed in Bachar its time to move on, his teammates have.

Agree, I don't see what continuing to peel the scab off achieves.

That kick didn't cost us any more than those posters did. Move on, and focus on what we can control.

graystar1 said:

Wow!
Talk about glass half full.

Just beat the unbeatable.
No new injuries.
Found another link in the chain.

Would hate to have to read your posting if we had lost!!

Barnzy said:
Our style of play that does not allow us to kick big scores, it's about restricting the opposition and playing negative football. Personally I don't think it's going to get us far in finals but I hope I'm wrong. My belief is the best defence is a good offense.

30 years of Richmond trying that strategy, I'm very happy with the new tough and mean Richmond that keeps on winning through pressure and defence.

I am happy that we have beaten more fancied opponents this year and dont care about the ladder as long as we make the 8. The rest of the 8 will be a little worried about us.