Tale of the Tiger Numbers 34, 36, 39 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tale of the Tiger Numbers 34, 36, 39

miastar

I'm a llama!
Nov 20, 2003
Why no Tale of the Tiger Numbers for 34 36 and 39. Graeme Landy, Ty Zantuck and Tony Jewell must be feeling a bit miffed

Especially TJ Premiership Player and Coach a bit rough

miastar said:
Why no Tale of the Tiger Numbers for 34 36 and 39. Graeme Landy, Ty Zantuck and Tony Jewell must be feeling a bit miffed

Especially TJ Premiership Player and Coach a bit rough

Zantuck's played the most games wearing our 36 but IMO nowhere near as effective as Stuart Wigney who only played 14 for us but was good at CHB during the 1995/96 peak we had.

Andy kellaway was no. 39 if I recall.

I'm guessing if there isn't more than one player to vote for, that has played over 50 games, they are not bothering doing it.

Hoggy! A heap of goals and an amazing trade deal with the Roys.

TigerForce said:
Zantuck's played the most games wearing our 36 but IMO nowhere near as effective as Stuart Wigney who only played 14 for us but was good at CHB during the 1995/96 peak we had.

Will Thursfield started in 36 as well I believe.

Forgot about Andy Kellaway and Jeff Hogg - both pretty good players - All Australian JD Medallist and a Club Captain. Worth considering for a vote.

Maybe they'll end the series with "one number wonders".

Possibly, they haven't done Nathan Foley's number 41 either, so it must be a three player minimum. But if there was more than 1 player who reached 50 games as in the case of 34 and 39 still warrants a vote.

miastar said:
Possibly, they haven't done Nathan Foley's number 41 either, so it must be a three player minimum. But if there was more than 1 player who reached 50 games as in the case of 34 and 39 still warrants a vote.

Foley and Turner deserve a mention for 41, Scotty has hero worship in my house for that hit on O'Donnell.

tigerman said:
Foley and Turner deserve a mention for 41, Scotty has hero worship in my house for that hit on O'Donnell.
Didn't we beat Adelaide one time and Turner cleaned up Vardy in the opening minutes? Deserved a medal for that act alone.

CarnTheTiges said:
Didn't we beat Adelaide one time and Turner cleaned up Vardy in the opening minutes? Deserved a medal for that act alone.

I was on the same black jack table as him at the crown a while ago, he's a top bloke.