Stop Lids Stop Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stop Lids Stop Richmond

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Deledio has missed 9 games in the last couple of seasons and Richmond has only won two of those games - losing the remaining 7 games.

Opposition coaches must take note of this and by closing Lids down they know they will go along way to beating us.

I sincerely hope Hardwick and Co. have an alternative plan if Lids does get shackled by a run with player or is away injured/ill in any of this season's remaining games.

Is Richmond a one-man-team?

RemoteTiger said:
Deledio has missed 9 games in the last couple of seasons and Richmond has only won two of those games - losing the remaining 7 games.

Opposition coaches must take note of this and by closing Lids down they know they will go along way to beating us.

I sincerely hope Hardwick and Co. have an alternative plan if Lids does get shackled by a run with player or is away injured/ill in any of this season's remaining games.

Is Richmond a one-man-team?

Is more about Lids as a talisman rather than a game day match winner. Has nothing to do with shutting him down on field. Its about keeping him completely off it.

Its coincidence we got smashed without him on the weekend.

Had a big win the week before, the letdown the week after was always on the cards. It has been common with Richmond over a number of years.

Thats more the issue rather than Deledio not playing. Doubt he on his own would have made that big a difference to the result.

This is a massive coincidence propelled by Deledio joking about it off-air on the Footy Show.

It's a non-issue that makes a good story. He needs to show leadership and firmly reject it instead of indulging in it.

toby64 said:
Its coincidence we got smashed without him on the weekend.

Had a big win the week before, the letdown the week after was always on the cards. It has been common with Richmond over a number of years.

Thats more the issue rather than Deledio not playing. Doubt he on his own would have made that big a difference to the result.
It is a coincidence. I doubt our cause was helped much by flu hitting the club as has been suggested.

He is our best player and has been for years.
It's not about stopping him.
The best players go to him which mean the every other player gets off the chain.

toby64 said:

Keep seeing this observation / excuse'depending on the user's line of argument.

If we ever win week 1 of the finals is that considered a "big win" and thus a Week 2 let down is inevitable and so aaceptable to some of us?