Southern Stand Members should get a discount. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Southern Stand Members should get a discount.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
This has been bugging me for a few years now.
At the MCG the play tends to be more on the Members wing than the Southern Stand wing.
I'm not imagining it.
Is it because this is where the cameras are? Or the coaching boxes? Or the Interchange bench? Or it's in the shade?
One day I'm gonna get two stop watches and measure the time in each half.
If I'm right, then i want a discount off my members ticket.

BTW, the same thing happens at Etihad with play mostly on the coaches, interchange side.

Call me petty if you like but I find it really annoying.

Call me petty,but i have noticed that over a good number of years ,no matter where the game is played,Richmond still loses more games than it wins.

poppa x said:
This has been bugging me for a few years now.
At the MCG the play tends to be more on the Members wing than the Southern Stand wing.
I'm not imagining it.
Is it because this is where the cameras are? Or the coaching boxes? Or the Interchange bench? Or it's in the shade?
One day I'm gonna get two stop watches and measure the time in each half.
If I'm right, then i want a discount off my members ticket.

BTW, the same thing happens at Etihad with play mostly on the coaches, interchange side.

Call me petty if you like but I find it really annoying.

Interesting.

Heading to Perth for the weekend so will see if it happens at Subi :)

If this was really the case, then you would think that coaches would instruct their teams to use the other flank to open things up more and try to gain an advantage.

No matter where I watch footy it's always my impression that there's more play on the opposite side to where I am.

My brother and I always sit in the Southern Stand and we have developed this theory from that perspective.
On Sunday, my bro sat in a corporate box on the members wing and he said there is no doubt he saw more of the play on that wing.

I always sit in the Southern stand and never noticed it but makes sense that with so many interchanges there would be more unmarked players on that side.

Can't say it worries me either way though.

RoyceHart said:
I remember this always being the case at Waverley, probably more to do there with the shelter from the wind.

Must admit that I have often seen this at Subi. Not so much these days with the grandstands now right around the ground. But in the good old days when the Eagles were first in the comp, one whole wing and the City end of the ground were open. The wind certainly dictated where to sit if you wanted to see the game.