Round 12 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 12

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Out with the old, in with the new breed

Webberley Gourdis Grimes
Deledio Post Newman
Cotchin Martin Connors
Edwards Astbury Tambling
Nahas Griffiths Riewoldt
Vickery Foley Cousins

Int Nason Collins Taylor Polak/Browne

Em Roberts Morton Polo - Tall defenders disposal still a bit iffy but otherwise - good users of the ball.

It's funny/sad that our 2 best players at Coburg for the past month are Connors and Gourdis
Both can't come into the team ATM :hihi :-\ :'(

lamb22 said:

Webberley Gourdis Grimes
Deledio Post Newman
Cotchin Martin Connors
Edwards Astbury Tambling
Nahas Griffiths Riewoldt
Vickery Foley Cousins

Int Nason Morton Taylor Polak/Browne

WHere did our current backline go? Apart from that change, it looks like a good team!

Em Roberts Morton Polo - Tall defenders disposal still a bit iffy but otherwise - good users of the ball.

lamb22 said:

Webberley Gourdis Grimes
Deledio Post Newman
Cotchin Martin Connors
Edwards Astbury Tambling
Nahas Griffiths Riewoldt
Vickery Foley Cousins

Int Nason Collins Taylor Polak/Browne

What future for Moore, Thursfield, McGuane & Jackson?

davidrodan said:
It's funny/sad that our 2 best players at Coburg for the past month are Connors and Gourdis
Both can't come into the team ATM :hihi :-\ :'(

Well by Round 12 we coud see them both.

I like that team, I'd add in Morton though. Would like to see that backline, that extra height would be nice. Also the midfield.

Would they drop the likes of McGuane, Moore, Thursfield, Jackson though? Unlikely.

IMHO Thursfield is still clearly our best defender. For us to move forward I really believe Newman has to move up the ground(not midfield) maybe once we get a solid defence his loose style of footy maybe better suited. Happy with having a look at this side late in the season though, definatly a lot of question marks on Rance however I would continue to give him games, we must find an A grade KD

CC TIGER said:
IMHO Thursfield is still clearly our best defender. For us to move forward I really believe Newman has to move up the ground(not midfield) maybe once we get a solid defence his loose style of footy maybe better suited. Happy with having a look at this side late in the season though, definatly a lot of question marks on Rance however I would continue to give him games, we must find an A grade KD

On my limited viewing all of Post, Gourdis and Grimes offer more as key postion defenders than Rance, so IMO a bit unproductive to have him take up a spot in lieu of the above

lamb22 said:
On my limited viewing all of Post, Gourdis and Grimes offer more as key postion defenders than Rance, so IMO a bit unproductive to have him take up a spot in lieu of the above

Agree - pointless playing the lunger in roles he is not suited to. Keep him somewhere at knee level.

I'm with CC on this one. That is a team that I would really love to see take the park LATER in the year... say the last 4 rounds.

Webberley Gourdis Thursfield
Connors Post Newman
Cotchin Martin Deledio
Edwards Riewoldt Tambling
Nahas Griffiths Astbury
Vickery Foley Cousins

Int: Nason Collins Morton Browne

Wouldn't mind this. The way Post is playing, though, his spot would probably be taken by McGuane or Moore.