Rookie Elevation | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rookie Elevation

Son of Francis

Tiger Rookie
Jun 5, 2010
I know after round 12 we can elevate a rookie if we want to?
So do we want to? If so who should it be?
Also is Dylan Grimes a Rookie listed player? I notice on the RFC website he is listed in the senior team not on the Rookie list. Is this correct?

Son of Francis said:
Also is Dylan Grimes a Rookie listed player? I notice on the RFC website he is listed in the senior team not on the Rookie list. Is this correct?
Yup, takien in thr pre-season draft, not rookie draft!

It should be out of Gourdis and Hicks.
Gourdis wou;ld be my choice. I love the run out of the backline he has shown at Coburg and is quite good by foot. All his passes seem to be kicked low or bullet like (that I have seen) and not up and unders. He gives us more than Thursty.
We also need to see if he can cut the mustard. Has been with us 3 years now and need a decision on him. But he was taken as a project player.

Would not be surprised if Hicks gets a run. Small forward, lots of pressure and has been kicking goals, and we have been lacking in this area. But he is another <180cm player that we need to avoid. Nahas played well on the weekend so could be back up.

MrRuss said:
It should be out of Gourdis and Hicks.
Gourdis wou;ld be my choice. I love the run out of the backline he has shown at Coburg and is quite good by foot. All his passes seem to be kicked low or bullet like (that I have seen) and not up and unders. He gives us more than Thursty.
We also need to see if he can cut the mustard. Has been with us 3 years now and need a decision on him. But he was taken as a project player.

Would not be surprised if Hicks gets a run. Small forward, lots of pressure and has been kicking goals, and we have been lacking in this area. But he is another <180cm player that we need to avoid. Nahas played well on the weekend so could be back up.

Agree. Would like to throw Gourdis into the spotlight and see how he goes.

It has to be Gourdis. He has had three years in the system time to see what he can do. Hicks time will come.

MB78 said:
It has to be Gourdis. He has had three years in the system time to see what he can do. Hicks time will come.

Agree ... time for the boy to be given a go.

And Gourdis could be another swingman as he was drafted as a forward. When he was drafted I saw some footage (video clips) that made him look similar to Buddy. Was quick, big leap, and put the ball under his left arm and burnt off defenders. If he can do that in defence, then we could be onto something.

Yep --I'm tipping Gourdis--has built his body up and gives good run, solid by foot-I reckon he should have been rookied before others(ie Roberts) earlier. For a 'roughie" James Lawton ---definetely has "something""--needs kilo's on his frame though!!

Gordietiger said:
For a 'roughie" James Lawton ---definetely has "something""--needs kilo's on his frame though!!

Is James on our rookie list Gordie?

Ta casper. I was just trying to open the RFC site to check for myself. Didn't think it sounded familiar. He didn't do his chances any harm with his game for Coburg on the weekend.

Wouldn't think we need to elevate anyone if we aren't actually going to play them. Can we reserve this opportunity for a time later in the season when we might need a certain type of player due to unforeseen injuries?

Elevate the Goo. The side is crying out for a bigger bodied defender and the Goo is probably the man. At 193cm and 90kgs with speed to burn why not give him a go. No more midgets please.

If not the Goo then Westhoff who is showing some form at Coburg.

Ghost of 29 said:
Elevate the Goo. The side is crying out for a bigger bodied defender and the Goo is probably the man. At 193cm and 90kgs with speed to burn why not give him a go. No more midgets please.

If not the Goo then Westhoff who is showing some form at Coburg.
wouldn't you want westhoff to play coburg seniors first l would vote for the goo

hopper said:
Wouldn't think we need to elevate anyone if we aren't actually going to play them. Can we reserve this opportunity for a time later in the season when we might need a certain type of player due to unforeseen injuries?

This would be the sensible to thing to do. Also keeps TPP lower - we need every $