Rookie Draft / Delisted Free Agents | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rookie Draft / Delisted Free Agents

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield
Seeing as though at this stage we will have approx 5-6 picks (expect Lambert to be upgraded) in the draft and only 1 is before pick 50 is there any players from other clubs apart from Andrew Moore who apparently we look like signing up worth looking at.

3 players I thought maybe of interest are

Majak Daw
Lachlan Dalgleish who I thought looked Okay in NAB match
Arynn Siposs

What are people thoughts about these. Not suggesting we put all on either.

mk33 said:
Seeing as though at this stage we will have approx 5-6 picks (expect Lambert to be upgraded) in the draft and only 1 is before pick 50 is there any players from other clubs apart from Andrew Moore who apparently we look like signing up worth looking at.

3 players I thought maybe of interest are

Majak Daw
Lachlan Dalgleish who I thought looked Okay in NAB match
Arynn Siposs

What are people thoughts about these. Not suggesting we put all on either.
Siposs always looked like a decent player to me. Not sure why he didn't come on

Had a heap of well known fans on here. Never understood why.

Waaaaayyyyy tttooooooooooooooooooooooo slllllllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Sin.

We are going to need 30 rookie spots with all the other clubs discards we are getting linked to on PRE.

Leysy Days said:
Had a heap of well known fans on here. Never understood why.

Waaaaayyyyy tttooooooooooooooooooooooo slllllllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww Sin.
Nice skills though, good kick.

I only saw him 3-4 times, once in a vfl game where he was very good, but that vfl granted. Not saying we should get him, I don't see where the need is for us for his type, but he looked ok to me

Danny Stanley from GC any good? Seemed to do a bit of everything and was serviceable but played less of a role over the last few years. Not sure if he copped some injuries or just wasn't good enough. Averaged over 20 touches a game a couple of years ago when I had him in my SC team. Maybe limited upside now?

Murray Newman delisted by West Coast. Spent 12 months in the nick for an assault outside a pub in Albany. Was Eagles pick 22 a few years back & is a very good footballer. Be interested to see who picks him up. Good to see the Newman name carry on at Tigerland.

9 guys have gone
2 have joined (townsy and Yaz).
From here on I'd get a delisted free agent like Gorringe.
I'd like clay Oliver at 12 in the draft. then probably top up with two more kids, even if they are long term projects.
As for rookies: Moore (port) Colledge (WCE) Harper (north) etc ... That sort of thing

I can't believe Subhuman didn't get delisted

I'd personally go:

Pick 12
Pick 31 - Yarran
Pick 52
Pick 70 - Lambert
DFA - Moore
DFA - Gorringe

Rookie: Colledge/Ballard, Fothergill Medallist, Mitch Brown/Hartley (doubtful they'd still be available)

gorringe is a must. I reckon he will be the first DFA to go. Probably the blooze...but i hope we are into him.

Harper and Ballard/colledge i think maybe others id look at. But would prefer via rookie for these guys.

There is a third option, put them on the VFL Richmond list and let the cream rise like the recent successes such as .....,
oh whoops

Rancey18 said:
I'd personally go:

Pick 12
Pick 31 - Yarran
Pick 52
Pick 70 - Lambert
DFA - Moore
DFA - Gorringe

Rookie: Colledge/Ballard, Fothergill Medallist, Mitch Brown/Hartley (doubtful they'd still be available)

agree with this!

Listening to Dan Richardson on the talking Tigers podcast on our website I don't get the feeling we will be targeting a delisted free agent ruck although that was recorded before Gorringe came on the market

How far has Stokes fallen from his best form. Pivotal at Cats when at his best.

Any interest in Craig Moller. DFA former Freo player.
21 year old 203cm 94kgs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Moller#Football_career
http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4958
He's had a few years in the system, not many opportunities. Still has some development in him. Rookie prospect?

Well he's over 200cm so he ticks one box for Dimma! Anyone seen him play? Up against it at Fremantle behind Sandi, Clarke, Griffin and (someone else I think?)

tigertim said:
Well he's over 200cm so he ticks one box for Dimma! Anyone seen him play? Up against it at Fremantle behind Sandi, Clarke, Griffin and (someone else I think?)
Hannath