Robert Walls Should be Shot | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robert Walls Should be Shot

Seeing all the threads on the player review board are "sticky" this post would stay hidden at the end and maybe have limited views.
Moving to the appropriate board.

Everybody's thoughts?

OK, I'm game.

Personally, I don't have anything against 'Wallsy'. I'm just guessing here John, but if you're referring to the fact that he continually predicts that Richo will kick a swag of goals one day, I'm not sure that'd be a good reason to perform such a savage deed.

If you're referring to his coaching stint at Richmond, then I don't think he did any better or worse than most other coaches have at Richmond in the past 15-20 years. He was pretty much on a hiding to nothing, IMO. Given his time over, I doubt he would have taken on the job.

Am I even in the right ball park?

Walls

As a coach - he made the grave error in thinking that footballers were smart. He had a good game plan, but nobody had the brains to carry it out properly. Maybe that was Rob's fault. He helped the club out in a time of dire need.

On his prediction on Richo - Richo played his best footy under Walls the year after a knee reco so can you understand his love for the guy.

As a commentator - a bit boring and mundane (see Dermott Brereton) but at least he doesn't openly hate the tigers like Gerard Healy and David Hookes who are both wankers.

So in short John, NO YOU PSYCHO...save your bullets for Geischen and Northy

Walls should be shot, no justifications necessary. Geischan and Northey should be tortured mercillessly for a couple months, then shot.

Maybe we should make JohnF in charge of devising the penalties for skill errors on the training track.

Bet we'd see a reduced number of turnovers very quickly.

Your a harsh man JohnF

Maybe we should make JohnF in charge of devising the penalties for skill errors on the training track.

Bet we'd see a reduced number of turnovers very quickly.

Your a harsh man JohnF

lol, wouldn't mind a clear thinking, authoritarian bad ass as the Richmond coach. Last thing we need is a lame dud like spud. He looks on the verge of tears after every game. I think he has already aged twenty years from coaching the tigers. I've seen younger looking 50 year olds. You see him in the coaches box having a sook every five minutes, instead of calmly making decisions to benefit the team. The best coaches, Sheedy, Pagan, Matthews, Malthouse, Wallace save the hysterics for after the game, once the battle is over, not during it. Emotional basket cases don't seem to last too long.