Richmond getting the most frees. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond getting the most frees.

healp11

Tiger Cub
May 18, 2014
Wayne Campbell seems to be getting the job done. The average Frees for is 18.1 a game Richmond are getting an average of 23.5 a game the next closest is North Melbourne at 19.9 a game. Why are ours so much higher?

healp11 said:
Wayne Campbell seems to be getting the job done. The average Frees for is 18.1 a game Richmond are getting an average of 23.5 a game the next closest is North Melbourne at 19.9 a game. Why are ours so much higher?

Dylan Grimes.

yes, this week will be interesting against the weagles, they have only lost 1 free kick count this year against bullies in Rd 1, 20-19

It's interesting when you look at frees because in a game of footy there are usually around 700 possessions and to be honest 5 frees more to one side on average is pretty inconsequential.

We all moan about frees but the number of games decided by the umpires is quite small imo.

Sintiger said:
It's interesting when you look at frees because in a game of footy there are usually around 700 possessions and to be honest 5 frees more to one side on average is pretty inconsequential.

We all moan about frees but the number of games decided by the umpires is quite small imo.

I agree Sinner, although the obvious 50-50 ones in front of goal for any team really hurts. For the most part i think everyone agrees a good game is when they are not noticed and don't influence games!

I also think good execution with tackles is huge, im actually in awe at the level AFl players have improved without giving away frees, tackling has never been of higher quality/standard IMO

Sintiger said:

It's not the quantity it's the inconsistency where they are given and at times the imbalance.

FitenFitenWin said:
Miles and Grimes did the "Selwood School of How to get Tackled" diploma over the pre-season?

Miles graduated from The Selwood Academy. Grimes was valedictorian at Ryan Crowley's School for Elbow Pumpers.

Frees for team versus opponent average (which takes into account umpiring style for the game), West Coast are predictably on top with +5.7, we're 2nd +5, next is North way back at 1.9. I hope the umps dont look at the free count halfway through the season and start evening them up like they do in individual matches.