Presenting | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Presenting

TigerArmySoldier01

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 3, 2004
Melbourne
First off, thought we tried hard today. Very happy with the boys.

BUT

We need our forwards to present... I'd love to have a look at our forwards GPS data. I doubt they would do more than one lead per inside 50m.

Often the player running with the ball looks up and has nothing and is forced to look stupid. We need options running at the player with the ball!

TigerArmySoldier01 said:

BUT

We need our forwards to present... I'd love to have a look at our forwards GPS data. I doubt they would do more than one lead per inside 50m.

Often the player running with the ball looks up and has nothing and is forced to look stupid. We need options running at the player with the ball!

It appeared our game plan is to kick long and create a contest deep in the foward line - don't believe the forwards were under any other instructions.

Keep Gus in the side. We looked most dangerous with him coming out of the square and taking a few grabs

IMHO, if Gus plays like this week in week out, he might/maybe will turn into a decent footballer.
He could be one of those players who are puss at the lower levels, but perform at the higher levels.
Kudos to him anyway, and I hope that this is the turning point for him and the RFC.

TigerArmySoldier01 said:

BUT

i rate giving vickery a decent chance in the ruck but am surprised he isn't being rotated through the fwd line more. showed last year he could kick a few goals. it's no secret we're lacking tall fwds.

give tv a go. especially now that gus should be able to take over a bit more time at the centre bounces

TV doesn't have the body to crash a pack just yet. His gonna get a big bodied defender and will struggle, btu his gotta learn the capper so worth a shot aswell.

When his coming off the ground for a rest he really seems to be blowing. Dunno if he'll survive with a rest in forward line at this stage of his career.

RORYHILTONS said:
Keep Gus in the side. We looked most dangerous with him coming out of the square and taking a few grabs

But unfortunately, Hawthorn's backline is not your typical AFL standard defence. They are tiny.