PRE Punters Club members needed | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PRE Punters Club members needed

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
RemoteTiger said:
PRE PUNTERS CLUB 2010

The prestigious award for PRE PUNTER OF THE YEAR is up for grabs again. Are you good enough to take this award away from the reigning champion Rosy?

Hey - its almost footy season time again and that means we have to start applying our knowledge to the gallopers to help pay for PRE

In an effort to help Rosy pay for PRE we have been operating a PRE Punters Club on the Horse Racing Thread each year. It starts from round 1 of the AFL and goes through to the Eclipse Stakes day of the Spring Carnival.

We are looking for new members to participate in our tipping club.

IT COSTS YOU NOTHING – as all bets are put on RemoteTigers Darwin Bookie and the punting rules are simple (please read below)

We do ask you have some knowledge of thoroughbred horse racing in Australia

The following past members have committed to participate in 2010 -

Blood_17, Tiger44, mk33, Hartbalme, Rosy23, RemoteTiger.

Past members yet to commit but are still most welcome

Leysy Days, Dyer’ere, Gypsy Jazz, jb03, RedSeaTiger, Scottyturnerscurse, jimbler

New Member committed to participate – Bernie

The rules are simple -

1) Each punting day (usually Saturday) there is a challenger and a champion
2) Both the challenger and the champion have $10 to bet - either win or place or eachway and/or allup.

E.G. Either –
$10 win horse A, or
$10 place horse A, or
$5 win horse A and $5 win horse B, or
$5 win horse A and $5 place horse B, or
$5 place horse A and $5 place horse B, or
$5 eachway horse A, or
For those who wish to dare it is OK to have
$5 win horse A allup a win horse B, and $5 place horse A allup a place horse B, or
$5 win horse A and $5 place horse A allup a place horse B

3) If you collect more than the $10 outlay and more than your opponent on the day you become the champion next week.

4) Selections can be at any Saturday metropolitan meeting in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide. (On weekends where there are Group races on the Monday or Sunday as well as or instead of the Saturday racing the PRE Punter(s) in the chair can forgo the Saturday racing and bet on the Monday or Sunday). Please post your selections on the thoroughbred thread by 11.00am on the day of the races so it gives me time to find them and put them on.

5) All profits on your bet (no matter how small) will be posted to Rosy's bank account to help with the admin costs of PRE

6) All bets are put on Remote Tigers Darwin Bookie IASbet.com hence there is no outlay by other members of the Punting Club.

7) A total of collects for each member will be maintained by Remote Tiger and the member with the largest total of collects by the last day of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival will be announced the PRE Punter of the year, 2010.

Streak said:
Who was PRE punter of the year in 2009?

The same person who won fluked it in 2008 and 2007. Modesty forbids names being mentioned though. :rofl

RemoteTiger said:
:clap Classy, very classy :clap

Sorry. I was just being silly. :-[

I find it funny that I know very little about racing but seem to come up with some lucky tips. For example, from memory, to win last year's comp I had to win 50 or 60 bucks on the last tip of the year. I only backed the horse I did cos it was long odds and my favourite jockey was on it. I never expected to win.

On a serious side I'm certainly happy to stand aside if needed to give a newcomer a go this season. The Punter's Club is good fun. It's always great to follow others' tips and see how they go.

On a more serious note the Punter's Club tipsters, thanks to your continuing generosity, have contributed much appreciated funds towards PRE's hosting costs for several seasons now.

And another. How do you notify challengers? I don't regularly check the horse racing thread.

PRE Punters Club

APOLOGIES

We are late starting this year as I have been interstate on business and then I had 3 weeks off due to illness (The flu).

It is too late to start this Saturday (17 April) - but I will aim to get the punters list out by Wednesday next week so we can start on Saturday 24 April 2010.

If there are any other PRE Members who wish to join the PRE Punters Club - please post on this thread before Tuesday next week to get your name on the Punters List.

Cheers RT

I class myself as a true mug punter (with three accounts how could I not be!!!!) :hihi

I'd love to have a crack