Post- a wingman? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Post- a wingman?

Cotchin/Lids

Tiger Cub
Apr 5, 2009
The first time i saw posty play, he reminded me of a young Richo- similar height, attributes, just raw.
If he can get a bigger tank, he could turn in to a nice mobile wingman

We've got nothing to lose

thoughts?...

watch posty yesterday, and i have lost alot of confidence that he'll even make it, stood in the pocket just to watch him for a bit. is either ball watching and then his man would lead the other way and he'd lost 10m on him. or he'd pnly watch his man and have no idea wwhere the ball was. an his player would just do a dummy lead and post was lost...

Post is simply a key forward. Why we're wasting time trying him as a backman is beyond me. The senior team is screaming out for a marking CHF and that's where he should be played. He's a good mark, seems ok kicking for go and just needs to develop his body to give himself the best chance of making it.

After seeing him tried on Adam Goodes at CHB last year, I dismissed any notion that he'd make it in that position. However his early games as a forward were encouraging.

Not all players can be versatile.

At the crossroads of his short career.Hasn,t fired a single shot even in the pre-season.Would want to pull his finger out.

gees this is frustrating. Looked extremely promising last year as a forward and has gone backwards this year. Every player can have second year blues but he seems less fit this year and no stronger. WTF is going on with player development?

Tigers2011 said:
After seeing him tried on Adam Goodes at CHB last year, I dismissed any notion that he'd make it in that position. However his early games as a forward were encouraging.

Judging a virtual rookie on a game against a 2 time brownlow medallist probably not the best situation to judge someone.

My observation of Post this year is that he is hesitating as the ball is coming to him.
And only recently.

In cricket, as well as footy, this is a definite indication of sight problems.

As we know, from 18-21yo, the body undergoes many changes, eye sight is another aspect that needs to be constantly reviewed.

To me, the first thing I'd be doing is getting Post down to get his eyes checked at varying distances.

I may well be wrong.
But remember, I did tell you all early that it appeared that JON may have awareness / learning difficulties and needed special attention in that regard.

another player who shows potential in 1st year only to go backwards once in our development program.

have no confidence in us turning this club around untill we start seeing big improvement in players, suggesting that we are developing them correctly.

untill that starts happening we will never be a good club

frangalis4eva said:
another player who shows potential in 1st year only to go backwards once in our development program.

have no confidence in us turning this club around untill we start seeing big improvement in players, suggesting that we are developing them correctly.

untill that starts happening we will never be a good club

It's not just Richmond. Every club have players that make an immediate impact then appear to stagnate or go backwards and it happens for a variety of reasons not just because of poor development. In many cases it is the fault of the player themselves who don't improve their work ethic or get distracted with new found wealth and social status.

Post has limitations (one of those is NOT being able to play as a wingman) but they are not deal breakers. If he's good enough and works hard enough then he'll make it.

Whats the complaint!?!?! He's 19/20 and common consensus is that tall players take a while to develop.

The good thing is that he has shown something so it is entirely possible that he could develop given time, Which we unfortunately have in spades at the moment.

The development program will have changed immensely since last year and development takes YEARS not 8 Rounds and a summer.

If DH is the developer that many say he is then it will be interesting to see how this facet unfolds.