Poor forward structure | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poor forward structure

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sonsie, Mansell, Green, Baker and Bolton as forwards are not going to win us any games, our forward line is too small, has been all season, and last season too.
Surely the forward line would be better balanced with Balta, Kosi and Bauer as key forwards. When Lynch is fit I'd rather Balta stay forward with Kosi to play down back.
Miller, Broad, Blight, Vlastuin, Trezise, Rioli, Brown and Short our defenders.

Reactions: 1 user
Poor. That was our best effort for the season.
84 pts is our highest score so far
Still the only team not to get 100+

Sonsie, Mansell, Green, Baker and Bolton as forwards are not going to win us any games, our forward line is too small, has been all season, and last season too.
Surely the forward line would be better balanced with Balta, Kosi and Bauer as key forwards. When Lynch is fit I'd rather Balta stay forward with Kosi to play down back.
Miller, Broad, Blight, Vlastuin, Trezise, Rioli, Brown and Short our defenders.
Both Balta & Kosi drop too many marks to be key forwards.
Balta back, persist for a little while with Kosi despite his poor kicking, rissole Short , Sonsie & Delilia & get someone with grunt in the side.
Too many bruise free playing.

Poor. That was our best effort for the season.
84 pts is our highest score so far
Still the only team not to get 100+
It might've been our highest score of the year, we won the centre clearance 17/11, we haven't centre clearance since Adam was a boy.
A forward line of Sonsie, Mansell, Green and Baker is not going to win us any games. I say with Balta, Kosi and Bauer as forwards we are more of a chance of winning games.

Lynch, Lefau, Bauer, Fawcett and Gray... all out.

I expect effort from whomever is on the park, but that is pretty much everyone of our key forwards through to first-picked 3rd forwards out injured.

Can't turn lead into gold.

Reactions: 3 users
It’s been poor for 5 years.

Our inside 50 to goal ratio must have been close to the worst in the league in that time.

I’m not on Ooze’s back yet - he needs this year to sort through the dog’s breakfast Hardwick’s left him. But put forward structure pretty high on the list of “things we need to see improve in 2025”. (*smile* it’s a long list…)

Lynch, Lefau, Bauer, Fawcett and Gray... all out.

I expect effort from whomever is on the park, but that is pretty much everyone of our key forwards through to first-picked 3rd forwards out injured.

Can't turn lead into gold.

Yeah I think having Kosi and Ryan as our talls isn't ideal at all. Plus the other thing is, its not just our forwards, but our ball movement into them. Look at the way GWS moved the ball at times, they opened the corridor up and that allowed their forward line to spread and then they could take easy uncontested marks inside 50. We don't get many uncontested marks inside 50 as our ball use is poor both into 50, but also as we move the ball up the ground, hence the ball moving slowly up the ground allowing the opposition defence to fold back easier.

Reactions: 1 users
Sack Teague.
200.gif

Yeah I think having Kosi and Ryan as our talls isn't ideal at all. Plus the other thing is, its not just our forwards, but our ball movement into them. Look at the way GWS moved the ball at times, they opened the corridor up and that allowed their forward line to spread and then they could take easy uncontested marks inside 50. We don't get many uncontested marks inside 50 as our ball use is poor both into 50, but also as we move the ball up the ground, hence the ball moving slowly up the ground allowing the opposition defence to fold back easier.

It’s not so much about the cattle that is up front.

We’ve been blasting it into F50 indiscriminately for years. It’s no different to the lack of skills and ability to hit targets our players display around the ground.

The whole ethos needs to change. Too many blokes that played under Dimma’s redundant game plan that think only about getting it and hacking it forward. Now if they can’t be reprogrammed (and it looks like most of them can’t), then they should be moved on because they will hold up any potential rebuilding/development in the coming years.

Reactions: 1 users