Play Balta BACK!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Play Balta BACK!!!

We always look better with him and Baker behind the ball… unfortunately we have nobody at the other end capable of scoring.

Reactions: 2 users
We always look better with him and Baker behind the ball… unfortunately we have nobody at the other end capable of scoring.
Thats the issue in the Short term .. again I place much of the responsibility for the current situation on the old recruiting team. Perhaps they assumed that players like Cotchin, Dusty, Reiwoldt, lynchand Prestia would remain fixtures indefinitely, as no adequate replacements were drafted. Unfortunately, this oversight has left gaps in our talent pool.

The coach discussed this before he went forward again and Blight came in.
He said that he loved what Balta was doing at the back but that circumstances were that we probably had no choice.
We had Lynch, Lefau, Ryan, Bauer and Fawcett injured.
We didn’t have a lot of options.
I guess Miller could have gone forward, we could have played a small forward line or Gray, who is now injured.
We didn’t even have Pickett available who has played the semi key forward role earlier

We've lost 7 of our last 10 games by 40 points plus. 4 of them opponent scored 130 points plus. Why mess around with Balta's form and confidence for the sake of what exactly, try and win these games? Not going to happen. We should be focusing on building that experience of teamwork in the backline with the backline that's going to take us into the future and I don't see any scenario that doesn't have our best key backman Balta in it. Forward line is its own issue and we need to focus on the longer-term fix, not band-aid it. The season is lost.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users