Percentage? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Percentage?

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
It may be answered elsewhere - BUT - put simply:

We are 63.4 percent
North are 63.5 percent

Does anyone know the answer:

Q. If we win this game - what points difference will still give us the No1 Draft pick? (eg wooden spoon)

It may be answered elsewhere - BUT - put simply:

We are 63.4 percent
North are 63.5 percent

Does anyone know the answer:

Q. If we win this game - what points difference will still give us the No1 Draft pick? (eg wooden spoon)
I admire your optimism Brightside.

Does anyone know (IF) we had of won - what was the margin that was small enough that we still retained the wooden spoon.

A friend told me if we won by even one point we would overtake North - BUT - I don't think that's mathematically correct.

Does anyone know (IF) we had of won - what was the margin that was small enough that we still retained the wooden spoon.

A friend told me if we won by even one point we would overtake North - BUT - I don't think that's mathematically correct.
Some were saying before the game that there was a total 75 point variation allowable between the the two games for our % to pass #Lolnorf if we'd claimed a win. So if #Lolnorf lost their game by that 75 points we couldn't get a win without forfeiting the spoon and the prime drafting position.

Your friend is correct. Even though we lost, our % still rose enough to be greater than North's. If we'd won, our % would have been higher than it finished at.

With how many points North lost by, had we won, we would have finished 17th regardless of margin

It is, we lost, but our % if better than #lolNorfs

1724559258892.png

Thanks ................ then (lets possibly accept it) ............. we tanked yesterday........

I can accept that.............

................ rather than the inept fumbling, bumbling and lazy slop that was served up ............

Yep it is.

Think of it this way. You are averaging a percentage over 100 with mid 60s.

For ease of maths if there are 20 games and massively simplifying.

one twentieth of 100 is 5.
19 twentieths of 65 is 61.75.

61.75 • 5 = 66.75.

So for a draw our percentage would have gone up roughly 1.75% overwhelming the 0.1% difference. Obviously a win is more.

This has a heap of assumptions I haven’t mentioned but is roughly how the maths would have played out.

Last edited:
North did their best to tank their way to pick 1
Just another *smile* up by #Lolnorf. Should simply have honestly lost to a couple of weeks ago n then they wouldn't have needed to lie down n get humiliated by the Hawkers while fantasizing that perhaps we'd win the last game and surrender the pick advantages to them out of sympathy.