Overtaken by Melbourne & Freo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Overtaken by Melbourne & Freo

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
End of 2009 saw Freo finish 14th, Tigers 15th, Demons 16th.

Round 5 2010, freo and demons both flying and in the top 8, we are still 16th.

Despite this I am backing Damian and the club that within a couple of seasons we will have turned the corner.

Meanwhile Brisbane are going nowhere, the mugpies at the end of next season will hopefully be in turmoil, the crows are stuffed, the bummers will have gotten rid of knights and hopefully carlscum will finish 9th for the next 5 seasons.

I am keeping the faith, go tigers!

getbacktoglorydays said:
Melbourne's form this year simply showed how much they "tanked" in the past two for those draft picks.

true. But the real reason is that Melb and Freo have done their real rebuilds. We have just started ours.

Problem is we are doing ours when there are no picks available. Imagine a couple of years ago when Melb and Carl were tanking they knew that over 3 years they would clean up plenty of first round picks well we cannot !

If we finish with the spoon once again we will not get a number 1 pick - has this ever happened to another side.

getbacktoglorydays said:
Melbourne's form this year simply showed how much they "tanked" in the past two for those draft picks.

Indeed. It is their older players that have led the improvement.