Over use of the ball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Over use of the ball

goose

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 11, 2005
Am I the only one who was frustrated at our over use of the ball today?

Our fowards actually had the better of theri opponents when given an opportunity one on one. We looked dangerosu when we moved the ball quickly in theri and gave them a chance before hawthorn got nubmers back.

Secondly, we don't have the skill level to have multiple handballs or short chip passes across halfback.

I understand you can't just bomb it long to their numbers but surely we are better off trying to give Jack and co a chance.

goose said:
Am I the only one who was frustrated at our over use of the ball today?

Our fowards actually had the better of theri opponents when given an opportunity one on one. We looked dangerosu when we moved the ball quickly in theri and gave them a chance before hawthorn got nubmers back.

Secondly, we don't have the skill level to have multiple handballs or short chip passes across halfback.

I understand you can't just bomb it long to their numbers but surely we are better off trying to give Jack and co a chance.

I'm still wondering about this Wallace-style of handballing.

Possibly the most frustrated I've ever been watching Richmond, and that's saying something. If we could eliminate our five worst errors/decisions in the back half each week, we'd be a lot more competitive.

Thought some of our short-kicking was pretty good today. Lot less of the worm burners than usual...

I thought we were good today also.

The short kicks/handballs and over possessing where used to break through the zone... Once the first/second row of the zone is broken, you can then kick it long over the back of it.

That's what we did today, and we did it extremely well considering our experience and skill level.

This thread should called dumb use of the ball.Why handball to a stationary player behind you when you have marked?????????????Why kick it backwards to a player only to have him handball to a player in a worse position?????????????Why not kick OVER these so called zones??????????Why not kick MORE ,bloody hell it is called FOOTball isn't it????????? ???