Our delisting | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our delisting

There's usually another "cull" after the draft isnt there? So depending on who we get in the free agency/trad/edraft periods will influence any future delistments. Eg as mentioned if we get Townsend it may be the end of Thomas.

Clearly going to depend on what players we trade in or get as DFA. I would think Gordon and Thomas will be the most shaky.

mk33 said:
Dea, Gordon, McBean and Thomas are probably next in line

Draft depth might just save one or two of those for 12 months. Minimum 3 picks is all we are likely to take.

mk33 said:
Dea, Gordon, McBean and Thomas are probably next in line

McBean :headscratch 21yo 202cm tall played just 2 games, why would he be on the chopping block? Dea 24, Gordon 25, Thomas 28 make a lot more sense.

I can see Gordon and Thomas leaving but if Astbury goes go to the Lions than I would keep Dea for another year as back up since Elton is taking a lot longer than expected to make it.

UKTiger said:
I can see Gordon and Thomas leaving but if Astbury goes go to the Lions than I would keep Dea for another year as back up since Elton is taking a lot longer than expected to make it.

I don't see Dea and Astbury as like for like. For one Astbury is nearly 4 inches taller. Dea has been on the list now for 5 seasons and has not cemented a spot. I think his time is near.

tigerlove said:
I don't see Dea and Astbury as like for like. For one Astbury is nearly 4 inches taller. Dea has been on the list now for 5 seasons and has not cemented a spot. I think his time is near.

Yes I thought Dea-list must have grown 10 cms

tigerlove said:
True but our backmen stocks are low and whilst I agree like for like Dea and Astbury are different beasts but last season Dea consistently outperformed Astbury at VFL level so worth keeping for one more season. Besides if nothing else he could be an upgrade on Batch. I am not holding out much hope Elton can cut it at AFL level VFL

West Coast did pretty well after losing key backman so the possible loss of Astbury may not be as bad as it appears.

Make or break for Elton, does not need to transform like Rance, but need to be injury free and to play good, very good VFL football to keep the heat on Chaplin.

UKTiger said:
True but our backmen stocks are low and whilst I agree like for like Dea and Astbury are different beasts but last season Dea consistently outperformed Astbury at VFL level so worth keeping for one more season. Besides if nothing else he could be an upgrade on Batch. I am not holding out much hope Elton can cut it at AFL level VFL

There were plenty of opportunities for Dea this year but we chose not to give them to him. Instead even later in the season, we chose to bring Morris into the backline ahead of Dea. I just don't think Dea the powers that be have Dea in their future thinking.

Tigermad2005 said:
So off the other players on our list does anybody think any other player will be cut.

Very doubtful since we have already so many spaces on the list now with retirements.

The "depth" of the upcoming draft is mooted to only go to around 20 decent prospects with a big drop-off in quality after that, so there is little point having a lot of selections if you can only fill them with average prospects or recycled players.