Operation hooker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Operation hooker

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
With Essendon drowning in their own crap and footballers like Hurley & Hooker missing a entire season.
It would be nice to have a player of their quality in our jumper for 2017....
Fresh start

zippadeee said:
With Essendon drowning in their own crap and footballers like Hurley & Hooker missing a entire season.
It would be nice to have a player of their quality in our jumper for 2017....
Fresh start

Heppell's the only player worth looking into.

TigerForce said:
Heppell's the only player worth looking into.
We did that in the 2010 draft and chose Conca, remember.

Anyway, we need to stop this 'big fish fantasising' that anyone at other clubs surpasses our current players. Yer, I do rate Heppell and Hooker as proven quality but have quiet confidence that we have the guys who can step up in 2016 so we lose this inferiority complex. Too laborious to mention them all but for a couple of examples, CEllis may reduce the craving for a Heppell, someone like Griffiths or McBean for a Hooker (who was playing forward late '15).

I have faith we won't need any of these sad losers who decided to stand by Hird and lie through their teeth. (Feel a little sorry for their gullibility though).

leon said:
We did that in the 2010 draft and chose Conca, remember.

Anyway, we need to stop this 'big fish fantasising' that anyone at other clubs surpasses our current players. Yer, I do rate Heppell and Hooker as proven quality but have quiet confidence that we have the guys who can step up in 2016 so we lose this inferiority complex. Too laborious to mention them all but for a couple of examples, CEllis may reduce the craving for a Heppell, someone like Griffiths or McBean for a Hooker (who was playing forward late '15).

I have faith we won't need any of these sad losers who decided to stand by Hird and lie through their teeth. (Feel a little sorry for their gullibility though).

Yeah I agree with you there leon. I'd rather not have any Bummer wearing our jumper, but Heppell's an exception given his huge improvement in the last 2-3 years.

Yer, as I said, I do rate these two and have always wondered about that draft choice. However, we have a host of new, up-and-coming mids that I hope will make the attraction of Heppell forgotten by 2017. Besides, fair chance Bummers will ensure his retention with captaincy if a) Other clubs tempt him and b) Jab hangs up his boots, which I think is just as possible as him handing his Charlie back (55% IMHO)
Hooker would be a great replacement for Chaplin, I have to admit, but we have Elton and really like the prospects of young Callum Moore down the track too.
So have faith, 2016 is such a huge year for RFC.

TigerForce said:
Yeah I agree with you there leon. I'd rather not have any Bummer wearing our jumper, but Heppell's an exception given his huge improvement in the last 2-3 years.

Massive exception - Zips must be already with his hooker if he is dreaming about Dale Thomas.

Pound for pound, Heppell is as good as we have got and would shape as a nice replacement to Lid's some day.