On just NAB form | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

On just NAB form

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
If NAB form was anything to go on then the following teams would be shoe ins for the final eight.

Yes, I know, can't use NAB form to determine who is good or bad. This is just for fun if you like.

Not in any order, and leaving out Melbourne.

West Coast
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
GWS
Bulldogs
Geelong

Outside chances

North
Melbourne

This is just on NAB form.

I must admit Poosy's squad looked good. Oliver's a great pick up...that should've been by us!!

graystar1 said:
If NAB form was anything to go on then the following teams would be shoe ins for the final eight.

Yes, I know, can't use NAB form to determine who is good or bad. This is just for fun if you like.

West Coast
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
GWS
Bulldogs
Geelong

Outside chances

North
Melbourne

Won't be far off the top 8 at the end of the year I reckon. GWS out and North in.

graystar1 said:

West Coast
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
GWS
Bulldogs
Geelong

Outside chances

North
Melbourne

Ummm, if we're playing purely on NAB form why are you leaving Smelbourne out of your list? Believe they are undefeated, so therefore should rightly be up there with Colonwood n Wet Coke as elite practice match players, therefore guaranteed a top four spot in your imaginary top eight.

graystar1 said:

West Coast
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
GWS
Bulldogs
Geelong

Outside chances

North
Melbourne

Didn't we beat hawthorn with 12 premiership players by 70 points or do you rate their win against Carlton ::)

BillyJean17 said:
Didn't we beat hawthorn with 12 premiership players by 70 points or do you rate their win against Carlton ::)

It was not so much their win against the Bloos, but the way they play the game. Also they are loaded with stars. Just to name some.

Rioli, Breust, Mitchell, Hodge, Gunston, Gibsonjust for starters.

Should perhaps have put Sydney in the mix as well.

graystar1 said:

West Coast
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Port Adelaide
GWS
Bulldogs
Geelong

Outside chances

North
Melbourne

Gray, would this be the same West Coast who were flogged by 100 points by Adelaide in the NAB opener? Conversely Adelaide only lost one NAB game by 2 points to Fremantle and you've left them out entirely. It really only goes to prove that NAB form counts for almost nothing when the real stuff starts. Remember Carlton winning the competition a couple of times and taking out the wooden spoon in those H&A seasons?

CarnTheTiges said:
Gray, would this be the same West Coast who were flogged by 100 points by Adelaide in the NAB opener? Conversely Adelaide only lost one NAB game by 2 points to Fremantle and you've left them out entirely. It really only goes to prove that NAB form counts for almost nothing when the real stuff starts. Remember Carlton winning the competition a couple of times and taking out the wooden spoon in those H&A seasons?

All of that is true CCT. It is just for fun and comment just like yours. The real season is going to be very interesting indeed.

Somewhere I listed who I think would be the final eight, here on PRE. Kept a written record of that and will see how it stacks up at season end.

TigerMasochist said:
Ummm, if we're playing purely on NAB form why are you leaving Smelbourne out of your list? Believe they are undefeated, so therefore should rightly be up there with Colonwood n Wet Coke as elite practice match players, therefore guaranteed a top four spot in your imaginary top eight.
Didn't brisvagas win every nab game last year? Will just wait until the real stuff starts.q

Yeah, the only thing the NAB has proven consistently over the years is that NAB form means nothing

TigerForce said:
I must admit Poosy's squad looked good. Oliver's a great pick up...that should've been by us!!

But we probably fast-tracked Oliver's progress and drew the AFL world's attention to him by bringing him down for games in our VFL team.
No idea how to keep him out of the spotlight if you wanted any chance of him falling through to us.
More dumbness.

graystar1 said:
All of that is true CCT. It is just for fun and comment just like yours. The real season is going to be very interesting indeed.

Somewhere I listed who I think would be the final eight, here on PRE. Kept a written record of that and will see how it stacks up at season end.
I'm also not sure Port deserve to be there. They only won one game against us.

leon said:
But we probably fast-tracked Oliver's progress and drew the AFL world's attention to him by bringing him down for games in our VFL team.
No idea how to keep him out of the spotlight if you wanted any chance of him falling through to us.
More dumbness.
He would have been on other clubs radar for two or three years already. Really hard to hide anyone these days. Hopefully we made such an impression that as soon as his two years are up at Smelbourne he will defect to us. I really rate this kid.

Bulldhit with Collingwood.. In 2 games they needed to kick 8+ Goals in a row just to catch up.
There backline is only missing Michael Laffy & Johnny Manton as the shittest defence in the comp.
They better hope they average 15+ goals a game because they will get huge scores kicked against them..

CarnTheTiges said:
I'm also not sure Port deserve to be there. They only won one game against us.

And it really was a low standard affair. Port have some similarities to us, some outright stars but some bottom end woes. Their list has some massive holes, we should finish above them all things being equal with injuries.

graystar1 said:
It was not so much their win against the Bloos, but the way they play the game. Also they are loaded with stars. Just to name some.

I'm sorry I thought the thread was on just nab form, now your talking about stars , we have a few too ::)

graystar1 said:

Years and years of first round draft picks.