Olympics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Olympics

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Just wondering if anyone else was silly enough to stay up and watch the swimming all night.

I am fairly ho-hum about this Olympics and feel it seems more a case of may the best person drugs win.

Swimming is my favourite event and though drugs can certainly have an effect they can't give a perfect technique.

After a big day I went to bed early with no intention of watching the races but my daughter rang about 1 to ask if I'd mind going into town to pick her up from a party..(big fights happening and she wanted out of there. )

Anyway by the time I got home around 2 we decided to stay up till Ian and Grant's 400m at 2.45.

I was barracking for Grant to win and he only missed by "that much" Wonderful effort. Congrats to him and Ian.

The women's relay team was awesome and worth staying up for.

Always good to beat the Yanks and it was amazing to watch Jodie Henry overtake Jenny Thompson in the last leg to give the Aussies the gold. Onya Alice, Libby, Petria and Jodie.

Am sleepy today but oh well I can catch up on that when the athletics are on. I really don't have much interest in them at all.

Is anyone here in Olympic mode at all, or do others share some of my lost enthusiasm as well?

I tried to stay awake for Roy and H.G. but dozed off, so did anyone whatch it and is it worth putting a tape in everynight for the next two weeks.

I set my alarm to watch the swimming, I was glad Thorpey one, I don't particularly like Grant Hackett. I was rapt that the girls won their relay ;D

I doubt that I will see any more live though, will just have to pick the results up off the news.

Have to admit I'm one that's definitely lost enthusiasm for the Olympics and have been losing enthusiasm for some time.

Inge de Brun. Michelle Smith, Chinese swimmers, Russian runners, Greek runners, Carl Lewis, Marion Jones, Merlene Ottey, cyclists, weight-lifters, Flo Jo etcetc

I don't know who to trust and, increasingly, don't trust the Aussies.

Thankfully, it's shaping as one of the most even footy finals series I've ever seen this year and I've interests in at least two Clubs who may participate (Sydney & Kangaroos).

Last night, we (ACT/ NSW viewers) saw our first ever `Before the Game' and our first `Fifth Quarter' for some weeks. Queanbeyan flogged Tuggeranong yesterday and will play arch-rivals Belconnen next week at home in preparation for the finals starting soon (Go Tiges!).

Was great to hear Petria Thomas win a gold on the news and I hope she can go again as she's a truly wonderful Australian. Still, I won't be wasting sleep/ time hanging out for any further medals.

Not all that interested in the Olympics, I'll watch the gymnastics if there's nothing else on tv but that's about it unless it's an event with an aussie in it and we're winning.

Why are Channel 7 using Toby Squires - a half ar$ed comedian with little/no sports background - to host the evening coverage ? To make matters worse, he then has all these other dud comedians doing reports from the games itself ?

What is Channel 7 doing ? Following Toby Squires you then get hours of Laurel and Hardy and their take on things.

The Olympics is the biggest and most serious sporting event on earth (second to when RFC play in Grand Finals of course) and yet Channel 7 is treating it like one big comedy show ?

And an un-funny one at that too.....

I want to see the action - not those unfunny buffoons talking crap all the time. Show us the beach volleyball !

God channel 7 are tedious.They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near serious sport.

If I have to see one more montage (or whatever they call it) where they show slow motions of Grant Hackett or whatever with crappy music over the top I'll scream.

What the hell is wrong with actually showing the various competitions like SBS does.

More sport, less guff I say.

And who the hell wants to watch equestrian?!

evo said:
And who the hell wants to watch equestrian?!

Me. ;D

How does the tennis work? I'm not sure if it's a team thing or based on individial results. Mark Phillipousis has turned into the Anna Kournikova of mens tennis.

Does anyone know when Roy and HG are on telly doing their show?

Signed sleepy rosy...oh well will catch up on zzzz's next week. I'll stay up to watch swimming but not athletics.

Being in the UK I get to see everything live however they mostly show the pathetic British teams, the news papers here also do not report anything except excuses why they didn't win a particualr event. Reading one of the free daily papers here yesterday there was no less than 4 reports offering excuses from 'tricky conditions' - Tim Henman; 'misjudgement' - trap shooting; 'unfair' tactics by her opponent - judo; 'hitting an under water camera' - swimming.
Thank God for being an Australian!!