old games and replays | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

old games and replays

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just watched the round 13 game from 2008 against Port.

Some comments.

Joel Bowden, again, played a great game and did not see him miss a target with his superb left foot. Cotch, Lids and Jack shown that they were going to be stars.

Mitch Morton was a very good mark and Jordan McMahon had a lot of speed and skill. Richo, who kicked 3 goals was his usual self of course. Chris Newman had a blinder. I had forgotten how good he was in those days.

Whatever happened to Clive Hughes, No 34? For some reason I cannot remember him.

Terry Wallace was our coach then and Choco was coach of Port. Robbie Gray showed how he was going to be a champ of the future. Must put him in my Supercoach team.

Dean Polo probably played the best game of his relatively short career.

Final result was Tigers 127 to Port 123. They almost stole it in the end.

Always enjoyable to see us win, even though 8 years ago.

Nico said:
You mean Cleve?

Yep Nico. Shows how much I missed him, eh?? He was good in this game and kicked about 2 or 3 goals I think. Wondered what happened to him?

Apparently witnessing Polak get flattened by a tram really shook Cleve up and just never recovered from it

Baloo said:
Apparently witnessing Polak get flattened by a tram really shook Cleve up and just never recovered from it

Oh dear. I had also forgotten that horrible event.

I think Hughes played in the qafl and kicked a few bags, don't think he really had the want to be an AFL player, remember watching him in Shep one day bang one from the left forward pocket 50 out an then kick another from the other side 5 minutes later...beautiful kick.

Passage of play in the Port game where Cousins showed his champion qualitys, good the footy deep in the back line , then got it again in the centre of the ground , busted his guts to get to the next contest while others jogged, IMHO only Lappin compares with gut running

graystar1 said:
Just watched the round 13 game from 2008 against Port.

Some comments.

Joel Bowden, again, played a great game and did not see him miss a target with his superb left foot. Cotch, Lids and Jack shown that they were going to be stars.

Mitch Morton was a very good mark and Jordan McMahon had a lot of speed and skill. Richo, who kicked 3 goals was his usual self of course. Chris Newman had a blinder. I had forgotten how good he was in those days.

Whatever happened to Clive Hughes, No 34? For some reason I cannot remember him.

Terry Wallace was our coach then and Choco was coach of Port. Robbie Gray showed how he was going to be a champ of the future. Must put him in my Supercoach team.

Dean Polo probably played the best game of his relatively short career.

Final result was Tigers 127 to Port 123. They almost stole it in the end.

Always enjoyable to see us win, even though 8 years ago.
I reckon Cleve might be on the new Target ad