No team plan!!!!!! still!!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

No team plan!!!!!! still!!!!!

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Surely someboby else out there can see the obvious.

I don't blame the players for turning the ball over, they just don't have any method what so ever. Anybody who has played any kind of AFL would clearly see that whenever a Richmond player got the ball tonight he did not know where to go.

Result = turnover.

For Melbourne, it was a well drilled game plan that all went to plan with no pressure at all.

Make all the excuses you like folks, but if Frawley doesn't wake up, we are in for a long season ahead.

Don't give me "it's experiment time" either. If we were experimenting maybe we should try some sort game plan/format.

it's only early, but i would doubt we would win a game all year.

we dont have the ability to kick more that 10 goals in a game, let alone the 15-18 required to win a game of football.

Our forward line has no structure, the deleivery to richo and ottens is crap, and until we have a proper game plan, we will be in the bottom four for many years to come.

Bye bye danny

Ditto the above.

I really don't care about the result, but expected to see some semblance of what they have been working on over summer. No shining lights on tonight's performance - but i'm not slashing my wrists yet.

My only beef is you have two big blokes down forward - inevitably they're gonna kick it to one of them. Their either double teamed and have no chance - pretty predictable. Why is it that we never have a permanent crumber down at the bottom of their feet to at least have a second plan. Geez - that first quarter i tore my hair out. What is wrong with playing Krak there on a perm basis.

They were slightly limited with Krak and then Rodan getting injured tongiht, but totally agree, we have spent 3 years drafting small forwards, but dont actually have any.

Houlihan and Biddiscombe should never be seen in richmond guernseys again if we are serious about improving our team.

Maybe twin towers arent enough, have Richo, Ottens, Stafford, Hall and Schulz up forward. We need to find a new way to structure the forward line, cause the one we used tonight wont kick enough goals to win us a game.

we need more avenues to goal, but i dont know who to suggest

What you all seem to forget is that if the big blokes actually play to their ability and tahe the marks that are presented to them we are a scary team...

I agree tonight we didnt scre children...

the trouble with that theory is that we need them to fire 15 weeks to get into the finals, which they wont do

we need to find other avenues to goal when richo and ottens arent firing, but we have none

We didnt have the little blokes cos they got injured. The big blokes always have to be covered by the opposition. Take it one week at a time ;)

There is no team plan and what semblance of a plan is so predictable is because we are coached by a no idea nobody!

Remember how crap we have played in our practice matches in the last 2 years? We saw that again the other night as you all know. The most disappointing thing for me was getting carved up by a team of Melbourne youngsters while ours (save for Schulz who did small promising things) did relatively nothing.
Why we persist in bombing long or even kicking to the big blokes down forward is beyond me. It isnt going to work 100 percent of the time, which is fine if you have the crumbing forward but as posted by you guys we dont or didnt agains Melbourne anyway. So therefore instead of bombing away why not try and hit leading targets from smaller forwards and create a second dimension to our attack. Rogers is capable of this but wasnt used because aside from a game or two last year when Campbell did it to good effect the Tigers seem to have an aversion to kicking to anyone but the big blokes.
My main concern is that yet again Melbourne (read any opposition side) had numbers to the ball everywhere forward back midfield etc so why when they turn it over do we have no runners or if we do, it seems to break down at half forward because it is kicked to a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 contest for Richo ( that or it goes over his head or lands 2 metres in front of him) I have caught a few Wizz cup games briefly some but others more and the contrast in field kicking is obvious.
Unfortunately the other night looked too much like many of the Tiger teams I have seen in the past. REACTIVE.
I was only 5 when we thumped the Magettes in 80 and its been all crap from there.
Having said all that maybe Frawley will now realise it aint the players but the plan that needs looking at! (And a couple of players too) But mainly the non-existent plan. Still we will beat the Flogpies in round 1 :)