Nick Salter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Salter

The Cotch

Tiger Rookie
Dec 2, 2008
Melbourne, Victoria
OK, shoot me down all you want about bringing up trading already but this guy can play footy and we NEED to get in early. Dominating SANFL but can't get a look in at Port because Choco is an idiot. Long, straight kick of the ball, a very very capable tall forward that can play back as well. With our recent good trading relationship with the Power, I hope our guys will at least speak to this guy very soon, or he may very well end up at the Gold Coast for an absolute steal.

i suspect that tambling will be our bargaining chip and that would prob be used to secure a ruckman, maybe one of carltons

The Cotch said:
No, and no. This guy is a GENUINELY good footballer, kicked another 7 goals in the SANFL today. We could do a lot worse, he could be a star.

Okay, I'll bite.

What's he position, stats, age ?

BillyJean17 said:
i suspect that tambling will be our bargaining chip and that would prob be used to secure a ruckman, maybe one of carltons

:fing32 for any good established player

se7en said:
Okay, I'll bite.

What's he position, stats, age ?

Port Power. (Currently playing at Woodville/West Torrens in the SANFL 45 goals from 11 games in 2009)
Forward. 191cms. 94kg.
Pick 15 2007 Rookie Draft.
22yrs 8 months dob 30/7/1987.

Played 2 AFL games in 2008,3 goals
5 AFL games in 2009. 9 goals

I'm sure Brendon Lade will know him fairly well.

Thomson, Farmer, now Salter. Any other Pt Adelaide players who can't crack an AFL game who we should look at?

Should we setup a Free Trade zone between Richmond and Port ?

BillyJean17 said:
The only Carlton ruck that would be worth Tambling would be Hampson, and he's only just signed on again with them until the end of 2012. We should try picking up Sam Jacobs for peanuts, given that he's behind Kreuzer, Hampson and Warnock.

deledio3 said:
Thomson, Farmer, now Salter. Any other Pt Adelaide players who can't crack an AFL game who we should look at?

Salter's a whole different story. Tredrea's keeping him out due to Choccos faith in his older players. He will never drop the Cornes' and Tredrea. This guy will be a genuine gun in any team. Obviously no one has watched him play all that much footy, but I'd say Phantom and Tigerbob might be able to shed some light on him. I've been watching this kid for five years and he's exactly what we need. Just a beautiful 60m kick for a goal, great sets of hands and athleticsm. I don't post here all that often, so I wouldn't make this thread for no reason, but every club will at least consider this guy and we need to make a big play. Fits our bill perfectly, age, talent and height and readiness wise. Astbury and Griffiths are not ready yet, and Riewoldt needs a chop out.

The Cotch said:
No, and no. This guy is a GENUINELY good footballer, kicked another 7 goals in the SANFL today. We could do a lot worse, he could be a star.

The same or similar was said of Thomson.

If Salter's any good there is no way they'll let him go.... especially with Tredrea in his last year or two. I know we seem to have a good trading relationship with Port, but there is a reason they let us have Thomsom and Farmer!!!