New radio station MTR Richmond connection | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New radio station MTR Richmond connection

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Was listening to the new station this morning just before 8am.
I think it's the old 3MP frequency 1377.
Now called MTR. Melbourne Talk Radio.
Host was Steve Price (Richmond supporter. Was at 3AW then was in Sydney for many years at 2UE I think)
Anyway he was talking to Benny Gale. Only caught about a minute of it. Also I think Andrew Bolt from the Hun was there. Not sure but I think he said he is a Richmond supporter also.
Listened a bit after 9am Sam Newman was a guest with Price. He was bagging the truck drivers and how slow they drive and cause accidents in tunnel by lane changing etc. Wasn't bad. Then some truckie came on and said he'd take Sam on a drive interstate to prove Car drivers are pretty bad as well. Sam said no.
After 11am Vizard was on and they did a cross to Matt Thompson on a political issue I think. Wasn't listening too closely. Has he left SEN?

Anyway was surprised with the Richmond feel of the station. Just happened to switch it on with Price, and Gale and Bolt all talking Richmond.

theglove3 said:
... they did a cross to Matt Thompson on a political issue I think. Wasn't listening too closely. Has he left SEN?

SEN & MTR are sister stations, so probably just pooling resources.

The whole MTR vs 3AW battle is a bit of a Herald Sun vs The Age thing, can't say I care less though.

Spanish Prisoner said:
Can you please explain? Nothing you said described a "Richmond feel". And besides, what is a "Richmond feel"?

Wouldn't expect you to know...

Oh well, that's how I thought at the time.

FFS, there's some pedantic types around here.

Move on people.

theglove3 said:
After 11am Vizard was on and they did a cross to Matt Thompson on a political issue I think. Wasn't listening too closely. Has he left SEN?

If I never hear that ambulance chasing looser Matt Thompson again ill be a happy man. Add Hutchisook & Barat, all the nerds that think they're awesome cause they sit next to old footy legends.

Spanish Prisoner said:
Can you please explain? Nothing you said described a "Richmond feel". And besides, what is a "Richmond feel"?

Similar to a 'Hawthorn Feel'(you know ;))....only better ;D

You got to give it to Andrew Bolt - he gets behind all those absurd causes: climate change skepticism, the Iraq War, and now Richmond!

I have only ever driven a "truck" (moving truck) once, and the amount of people that cut in front of you when stopping at lights was insane.

The number of people I see cutting in front of trucks when they need to stop is also insane.

Some car drivers are stupid and don't think of how hard it is to slow a truck down let alone stop one when someone cuts in front of them.

No wonder trucks drive slowly at times.

steve Price has always been a tiger supporter, and before his stint in sydney was a regular amongst one of the coteries, be it presidents men or something like that...hope he's back on board, good to have support in the right places :clap

bah, would never listen to those right wing freaks. but must be better than the previous lot using the 1377 frequency.